Can't play a recorded DVD-R

I have recorded a holiday onto a TDK DVD-R 4.7GB from an old Panasonic DVD player/recorder, this player eventually broke down and I can’t play the holiday DVD on my new Toshiba DVD/VCR combi (model DVR 18DT), I have tried playing this on my computer but it will not load and eventually Windows stops working, my computer does tell me the DVD is almost full.
I really want to recover this as it was a holiday in Australia with family, is there anything I can do please??:sad:

sounds like the DVD was never finalized.

Try ISO Buster or ISO Puzzler. Buster has a free trial, and puzzler is free. These will rebuild the files to your hard drive and then you can burn them to a new disk.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2487823]Try ISO Buster or ISO Puzzler. Buster has a free trial, and puzzler is free. These will rebuild the files to your hard drive and then you can burn them to a new disk.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, IOSPUZZLE will not download, I tried ISO Buster but although it appears to recover some files from the disc it will not let me view them without purchasing it.

Instead of ISOBuster try ImgBurn it has a close function.
Mode/Build/Tools/Drive/Close I would try Session first then Disc if that doesn’t work.
There is a way that the trial version of ISOBuster may extract useable files for you.
This has worked with ISOBuster free for me on a non encrypted DVD +R.
Select Session 1 with a right click
Next Extract Session 1 <Content>
Next Extract User Data (*.tao, *.iso, *.wav)
This will give you an .iso file of the disc.
There are many programs that will work with an .iso.
ImgBurn would probably be able to write this .iso to a DVD disc.
That disc should be finalized in the process.