Can't open or play movie?

vbimport

Hello All,
I recently downloaded a movie and the ifo, vob, and bup files appear to be complete; however, when I try to play it under VLC, which normally can play anything I have it can’t play it. It just runs through the entire movie in a second or two in the progress bar, but the view window never opens up. How do I tell if I’m just missing something or the files are corrupted?

Thanks,
James

[QUOTE=jamesEston;2036860]Hello All,
[B]I recently downloaded a movie and the ifo, vob, and bup files[/B] appear to be complete; however, when I try to play it under VLC, which normally can play anything I have it can’t play it. It just runs through the entire movie in a second or two in the progress bar, but the view window never opens up. How do I tell if I’m just missing something or the files are corrupted?

Thanks,
James[/QUOTE]

Very obvious that this is an illegal obtained movie, even legal dvd movies doesnt come in that “format”.

[quote=jamesEston;2036860]Hello All,
I recently downloaded a movie and the ifo, vob, and bup files appear to be complete; however, when I try to play it under VLC, which normally can play anything I have it can’t play it. It just runs through the entire movie in a second or two in the progress bar, but the view window never opens up. How do I tell if I’m just missing something or the files are corrupted?

Thanks,
James[/quote]

Try draging and dropping one of the 1GIG VOB files directly onto the icon for VLC. The big files are usually the movie files. If that doesn’t work, the files are probably damaged.

Try buying the movie and making a legitimate backup copy.