Can't mount doom3 image

vbimport

when i mount the doom3 image using the latest version of alcohol 120% it says that emulation software has been detected please disable it and restart the game…i know this is a noob question but what am i supposed to do now?? (and this also happened with daemon tools)
thanx

Go to options --> emulation in alcohol 120% and uncheck all the boxes apart from “ignore media type”. Then upgrade to the latest version of Daemon Tools (v3.47) as it fixes blacklisting issues.

Do you have any other backup software like CloneCD installed?

i went into alcohol 120% and i unchecked everything except “Ignore Media Type” and i unchecked everything in extra emulation and i also disabled alcohol 120%'s own virtual drive and when i loaded the image it still asked me to disable the emulation software, is there anything i have to turn on or check on daemon tools?

thanx

If all emulation options are also turned off in Daemon Tools, then neither alcohol or DT should be causing the problem. Do you have any other burning software?

i think i found the problem, hahaha, i don’t know what options to use when im making the image :eek: ya so if someone could tell me wat to use lol. i think the safedisc 2\3 profile in alcohol 120% with the dpm setting too?? im not sure if you could get back to me on that it would be awomse. you guys r the best!!! :bow: :bow:

DPM would not do anything ; the safedisc 2/3 profile is fine. You’re having a blacklisting issue, not a bad image issue.

Do you get the “emulation software detected” message when you run the game with the original CD ?

yup exactly that. i have alcohol 120% and daemon toolz 3.47on my computer and thats pretty much it. so anyone know wat i have to do???

thanx

You have the latest version of alcohol installed? Have you ever used any other backup software that you have now deleted from your system?

It is probably CloneCD, you havent unchecked the ‘Hide CD-R Media’ function in the CloneCD tray, which is blacklisted by SafeDisc.

i don’t have clonecd…i used to have it but then i uninstalled it… what am i supposed to do now???

http://utilities.psxforum.com/c3cu_v2.zip

Use this utility…it should clean up any left over registry entries from CloneCD. If this doesn’t solve the problem, i can’t think what could be causing the error. Ever had blindwrite installed?

Blindwrite isnt blacklisted i think by SafeDisc 3.x.

ahhhh im getting really piseed offfffff. :a :a :a

i ran the program and it cleaned the things and then i made another .mds file using the safedisc 2/3 setting (no changes just that) and then i mounted it with daemon tools and then it loaded and said emulation software has been detected. is there any setting in alcohol i have to set or in daemon tools and i mean everything that i need to check maybe i like disabled somthing before or somthing that’d be good. and i had the demo of blindwrite before so maybe that has somthing to do with it.

if you can help that’d be great

thanx guys

ok so i tried uninstalling alcohol 120 % and daemon tools (i intend on installing them again but just for testing perporsuses) but it still says emultion software detected!!! wtf is there anyway to just completely get rid of the stuff while i play doom 3 and then install the stuff again after i beat the game lol???

I don’t think your problem is alcohol or daemon tools…you must have something left on your system that is conflicting. Can you remember what version of blindwrite you had, since older versions had their autoplay blacklisted.

http://www.activedwg.com/Downloads/RegCleaner.exe

You can try this program to delete ALL redundant registry settings. Just open it up, click on Tools --> Registry Cleanup --> Automatic Reg Cleaner

ok sh!t i accidentlally clicked do them all…is that bad?

No, that won’t make any difference…just run auto reg cleaner as well to make sure everything is gone.

ok so i got the reg cleaner and i ran “do them all” and “automatic cleaner” and i highlighted all of the things that showed up and i clicked remove and so it removed them and i was all happy so i go and reinstall doom 3 and when its done i put it CD1 and im all happy i can finally play doom3 and so it loads and then it says the dreaded message…“please disable any cd\dvd emulation software and restart the game” WTF THIS IS PISSING ME OFF IS THERE ANYWAYS I CAN GET RID OF THIS?

(if i uninstall alcohol and daemon tools and run the regcleaner will it work??)

any other ideas?

thanx

HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T I JUST WENT INTO REG CLEANER (like 2 sec after i posted the last thing) AND I FOUND THE VSO THINGS (Blindwrite reg thing) IN THE SOFTWARE SO I DELETED IT AND THEN I WENT AND FOUND THE CLONECD THING AND I DELETED IT AND I RAN DOOM3 AND IT DIDN"T EVEN SHOW THE SPLASH SCREEN IT JUST WENT INTO THE GAME!!! W0000000000000T YOU GUYS ROCK :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Glad you got it sorted…good idea to keep that little program. Then if you uninstall software, you can remove all registry entries as well.