Can't modify boot cd, have to reburn it (Nero 7)

Hi:

Is it possible that you can’t modify a boot data CD (add/delete/change files) and then do an incremental burn to the additional track/session, as you can with a multisession data CD? Each modification to the compilation requres the erase of the CD-RW media before the compilation is burned. This is with track-at-once, not disk-at-once.

I’ve experimented with this problem at some length and can’t seem to find a way to make changes to a boot CD without reburning the whole compilation from scratch. This is extremely boring when you are making mods to a boot Windows custom install CD.

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this problem.

– Roy Zider

Platform:
Nero Burning ROM version 7.10.1.2
Windows XP SP2
Plextor PX-800A
Verbatim CD-RW 74 (650 MB) media
Set up boot with no emulation, 07C0 load segment, 4 sector load
Finalize disk (no further writing possible) is UNCHECKED

Hi,[quote=FUBARinSFO;2020533]
Is it possible that you can’t modify a boot data CD (add/delete/change files) and then do an incremental burn to the additional track/session, as you can with a multisession data CD?[/quote]If I remember correctly, multisession is not possible for bootable CDs.

Each modification to the compilation requres the erase of the CD-RW media before the compilation is burned. (…) This is extremely boring when you are making mods to a boot Windows custom install CD.
Install a virtual machine software like Vmware, MS Virtual PC or virtualbox.
To test your bootable CD, it is enough to have its ISO image that will be loaded into the VM.

Michael

Michael:

Thanks for the possible confirmation – unless anybody else has an actual solution, I’ll assume this is the correct behavior for Nero 7.

I do want use a VM for this stuff – just haven’t gotten to it yet. Thanks for the encouragement – yet another reason to use one.

– Roy