Can't install programs :(

vbimport

Hiiii!!
Can anyone help me?? I can’t seem to install any new programs into my laptop. Everytime i try to do it Roxio comes up and says- burn image to a cd???:a For example a friend of mine gave me a cd with Rhino+Vray and when I open the folder it has 5 sub-folders- titled step 1 etc… under step 1, it has Rhino although the logo is of Roxio, and when i click on it only Roxio comes up… and it only happens with my computer… does anyone have a similar problem or know why that is?? I would be so greatful for help .:sad:

Have you tried uninstalling Roxio? Even as a temporary measure it may solve the problem.

i did try but i forgot to take my friends cd out of the laptop so it took his rhino as a roxio and uninstalled it from a cd too :frowning: even worse …

It could only erase a program from a disk if the disk is a re-writeable cdrw, dvdrw or dvdram.

Rhino is a very expensive program, and doesn’t come on re-writable disks. Nor can I find it bundled as a retail purchase along with Vray. Vray can be purchased separately as a plug-in.

We have to be careful of illegally obtained software discussions on these forums, so unless you can show me how these programs came to be in your possession on a re-writeable disk, I’m afraid I will have to close the thread.

it’s not illegal, my friend is from a very wealthy family plus he gets student discount. If it’s writable or re-writable i have no idea or how it happened, because i know nothing of computers.

I’m afraid that isn’t enough proof of ownership to continue the discussion here. Please speak to your friend about the disk being erased.

This thread is closed.