Cant install, newer version installed?

vbimport

Hi guys, I had the Alcohol trial installed a while back on my xp box but i removed it. i have come to attempt to reinstall it but it says a newer version is allready installed so i cant install it. ive had a look through the registy of the machine and there doesnt seem to be any alcohol bumf in there. any ideas??? tried windows installer cleaner too no joy. its defo gone though no folders in program files either.:sad:

Well, if you already had the trial installed, then you can’t install it again to extend the trial. If you liked the program, you should buy it. Or just install Alcohol 52% Free Edition, which is identical to 120% save for the burning engine and the premastering wizard (Alcohol Xtra).

i never used up my trial period i only used it once. if i can get it to work again and if i descover i used it alot i proably will buy it. but either way im guessing i would get the same error so buying it wouldnt help.

What version of Alcohol trial were you trying to install? The current version is 1.9.7.6221, and can be downloaded from alcohol-soft.com. I would recommend trying to redownload the latest trial version and try again.

im trying the latest still says theres one allreadys installed

After re-reading your original post, it looks like I had read it right the first time. You said you had the trial version installed a while back. No matter how many times you actually use it, the trial period only lasts for 30 days. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program will not reset the clock. You can, however, install Alcohol 52% Free (as I suggested above), which will allow you to use the image creation and mounting capabilities of Alcohol, just no burning or premastering options.

Jito463 is correct, you cannot extend the trial period of any version.

As of the last version, the trial period has also been changed to 15 days so you’ll need to purchase or use the Free Edition as Jito463 suggested.

[QUOTE=Jito463;2122239]After re-reading your original post, it looks like I had read it right the first time. You said you had the trial version installed a while back. No matter how many times you actually use it, the trial period only lasts for 30 days. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program will not reset the clock. You can, however, install Alcohol 52% Free (as I suggested above), which will allow you to use the image creation and mounting capabilities of Alcohol, just no burning or premastering options.[/QUOTE]

but i removed the software before the trial period ws over surely this would halt the clock. and eitherway as i said if i perchased the retail version i assume i would recive the same error so i would be asking the same question as i am now.

If you remove the software before the end of the trial period it does not stop the “clock” otherwise you’d have people installing it, backing up a game, uninstalling it to drag out the trial period for as long as they could.

You may receive the same error with the retail version of Alcohol however our support team would be happy to help you get the retail version installed.