Can't Get Support for DVDFab

vbimport

I have written something in the order of 25-30 emails to element5 and DVDFab about this and it is just not possible to get even a simple message understood. I had been using DVD Platinum for a number of years now. Last year I inadvertently ordered it a second time, in a two package bundle. Once I realized my mistake I contacted the vendor and my credit card company and rescinded the order.

Recently I had occasion to upgrade the original software which is supposed to have unlimited upgrades and support. There was a problem with the activation of the upgrade and I contacted DVDFab who told me that I was not eligible for support because I had obtained a chargeback from American Express for the software. I tried to explain this was on a second copy, but I could not make myself understood.

DVDFab insisted that I purchase the software again. I tried to do that, despite the fact that I would be paying for something I already owned. Next ement5 contacted me and indicated that they would not put the order through. Ignoring my explanation of what had happened, they just kept insisting that I send them a fax, authorizing them to re-charge my credit card for the original two package deal. I reluctantly did exactly that, with the written understanding, that this would open up my account and allow me to receive support for the software I was paying for.

After element5 got my fax they sent me a software key. This key doesn’t work. They did nothing, despite about ½ dozen emails to provide any support or contact DVDFab and allow my support to resume with them. Every time I write to either group they tell me that because I have a chargeback I am not eligible for support. So far, for one piece of $50 software, I have spent about $125, and for my money I have gotten software that doesn’t work and I can’t get any support on.

Ironically, I have every confidence that with a little help from DVDFab, that this could easily be straightened out. The software is functioning perfectly in trial mode, but I only have a few days left before the period runs out. More than likely all I need is a working software key.

I have no idea what else to do or whom to write to…

Please read this before you jump to conclusions.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=211219

Hi dadrian
you may be able to get this issue fixed if you can show or give them a copy of each email (First time you paid and the second time you paid) that you received from Element 5 which both will show different Order numbers.
When you receive the email from Element 5 it states to keep a copy of the email by printing it out HOPEFULLY you did this if not Element 5 should still have a record of your first Purchase and your second Purchase and that would show that you paid two times for the same product.

Tim