Can't get stand alone player to read disc

I am looking for a new program to purchase for my brother-n-law for christmas. His son is getting ready to turn 3 and starting to mess around with the original DVDs.

He asked me to do some research as I am better at backing up dvds but actually I have been out of it for so long as well…

I downloaded the trial of 1 click dvd pro and so far 2 coasters as far as stand alones…

They will play fine in the computer. I am using Verbatim +R DL. I know on other programs there is a way to set the BOOK-Type to DVD-RAM and they work fine but looking for a more simple program for him to use and have heard great things about this program. Now I am starting to wonder.

Any ideas on what might be going on? Yes I have P-couffin v37 and the latest DVD43.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated…

Ok strange thing I noticed that if you are using -R dvds to place it on “Try SAO First” which I tried even though I am using +R and it worked in the DVD player that the other would not.

Odd thing is it won’t work in the computer. I open the DVD in the computer and there is are two files which have never been there even using other programs yet it still works…

I wish to know what what it is really going on here can any one explain which settings I need to have as I still don’t think this is 100% right even though it does work for this back-up…

Thanks in advance…