Cant get passed error # 100 DVD_Error_OpenFile

I’m running DVDFab 5.3.2.2 (licensed), same with 5.2.5… I can rip DVDs just fine. However, when trying to convert the just-ripped-files (or any ripped DVD, not just from DVDFab) to ISOs, I always get the error:

08:25:04: Task_1 failed! Error=100

I’m reading and writing from the same drive, C:.

I don’t see any more information in the logs, and didn’t catch anything on the board. Same error with the 6.x release.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks…

(passed = past)

logs are only:

dvdfab_burn_vso:

2009-05-13 08:59:26 ---- ******************** Log session stop 13-May 08:59:26.546 PID 5980********************
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB03 [E] (Ide)
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info DLL Version : 3.2.6.408
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info Version : 5, 3, 2, 1
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-05-13 08:59:26 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) with Service Pack 3 5.1
2009-05-13 08:59:26 ---- ******************** Log session start 13-May 08:59:26.000 PID 5980********************

DVDFab_Event:

08:59:55: Task_1 failed! Error=100

These ripped files are you able to open them with DVD Shrink ?

yes - just tried it, DVDShrink checked fine with the same DVD-rip directory that’s failing in DVDFab… it is also burning an ISO ok…

[QUOTE=switchbackcity;2273922]yes - just tried it, DVDShrink checked fine with the same DVD-rip directory that’s failing in DVDFab… it is also burning an ISO ok…[/QUOTE]

hmmm…I very seldom have problems with DVDFab, but did have an problem yesterday where DVDFab could not even see a DVD that was in the drive and I tried all three drives I have and it just would not see it.

Funny thing is all of my other backup programs had no problem with it, not even DVD Shrink, guess it helps to have other tools in the old toolbox.

I have found though that some titles contain extras which DVDFab chokes on but using DVD Shrink’s re-author I am able to remove the extras from say title 1

not sure what your issue or problem is just giving my .02 cents