Cant get my 4GB SDHC Card to read

vbimport

Hello all

I need some help i have just brought a 4GB SDHC sandisk memory card but i cant get it to work in any of the following

Laptop - Acer Aspire 5610
Camera - Cannon
Car - New Audi A4

I am assuming that none of these have the ability to use the card but would like some friendly advice in case i need to do something to get it working

Thanks
Fav17

[QUOTE=fav17;2178397]Hello all

I need some help i have just brought a 4GB SDHC sandisk memory card but i cant get it to work in any of the following

Laptop - Acer Aspire 5610
Camera - Cannon
Car - New Audi A4

I am assuming that none of these have the ability to use the card but would like some friendly advice in case i need to do something to get it working

Thanks
Fav17[/QUOTE]

The only way to get your new card working would be to buy all new devices that are SDHC compatible. None of your three devices that you currently have support anything larger than 2GB. For your laptop, the only way that it can read the new card would be to buy an external USB 2.0 card reader which supports SDHC cards. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about your camera and your car’s card reader: Neither of the manufacturers of those two devices have ever released new firmware updates for those devices to make them SDHC compatible.

[QUOTE=RJL65;2178591]The only way to get your new card working would be to buy all new devices that are SDHC compatible. None of your three devices that you currently have support anything larger than 2GB. For your laptop, the only way that it can read the new card would be to buy an external USB 2.0 card reader which supports SDHC cards. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about your camera and your car’s card reader: Neither of the manufacturers of those two devices have ever released new firmware updates for those devices to make them SDHC compatible.[/QUOTE]

Crap!!! I thought i might be able to get it to work on something and it was only a fiver on amazon

Thanks for your help