Can't get episodes off

vbimport

I have been buying tv shows on dvd for about 4 years now but they are starting to take up a lot of room. I tried ripping the episodes off the discs like I do with all my dvds but it only gives me the first episode. HELP! I really want to be able to put them on my ipod. All i need to know is how to get them off the disc after that I pretty much know what i am doing. Any advice is more then appreciated. Thanks.

[QUOTE=ndlwejs0809;2132514]I have been buying tv shows on dvd for about 4 years now but they are starting to take up a lot of room. I tried ripping the episodes off the discs like I do with all my dvds but it only gives me the first episode. HELP! I really want to be able to put them on my ipod. All i need to know is how to get them off the disc after that I pretty much know what i am doing. Any advice is more then appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I’m not sure exactly what your using for ripping DVD’s but the easiest way is to rip the entire dvd to the HDD (and don’t pick just the “movie” that some rippers default to). Then, if the ripper doesn’t change anything on the VOB names and structures, each episode (or extra’s or previews) will have a slightly differant naming scheme. Usually episodes can be picked out by the mess by how big each VOB fileset is and you can encode those groups of files seperately so each episode is it’s own mp4/avi/mkv/oog.

Make sure you have enough HDD space! A DVD is up to 8.5gigs, so you’ll want that plus some for virtual memory available!

Also, DVD layouts will vary, so when it is all ripped, you’ll find yourself playing the differant segments to figure out what’s what before spending time to encode it. In some cases, episodes are on the disc twice to cover differant DVD features, or other video’s (like directors cuts) are also there.

I usually use dvd decypter to get the ifo then convert it to mpeg4 for intunes. I know how to use dvd shrink as well but none of them can get the full episode off.

If you are familiar with DVDShrink you should be able to select the individual episodes with it. If the protection on the disk is not an advanced one, you can use Shrink alone, or you can work with an ISO image on the hard drive or a dvd ripped as files. (click Control I to open an ISO with Shrink)

Open the dvd with Shrink. Go to ReAuthor Mode. On the right side of the screen you will see a list of titles. Let’s say your dvd has four episodes, so they will probably be at least 900mb each. Click on one and drag to the left side of the window. Play it in the little preview window at the bottom left to make sure you have the episode you want. Now hit Backup.