Can't get DVDfab to see my BD Drive

vbimport

Hi!

I can’t get DVDFAb 5 to see my BD drive. When I pull down the listbox after putting a movie in, the listbox is empty.

It’s a Sony 200S but that shouldn’t matter. BTW: Windows, Nero, Cyberlink all see the drive just fine. Just DVDFab that doesn’t see it.

Any ideas?

stewie7669

Have you gone through the HD thread yet.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/simple-guide-backing-up-blu-ray-hd-dvd-dvdfab-hd-decrypter-220861/

Do you have the right version of DVDFab ?

bean55

I thought I had gone through the thread. I have the very latest 5.0.25 platinum.

I don’t see where I need anything else

Thanks for the help

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2071625]I thought I had gone through the thread. I have the very latest 5.0.25 platinum.

I don’t see where I need anything else

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

stewie7669

The way I read it is: DVDFab will not do HD or BR disc at this time.

bean55

But why does the download page say “HD Decrypter” Other than BD and HDDVD what other HD format is there to decode?

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2071630]But why does the download page say “HD Decrypter” Other than BD and HDDVD what other HD format is there to decode?[/QUOTE]

Hi stewie
My good friend bean is right DVDFab does not do HD or BD at this time it did work when Fengtao first updated DVDFab Decyrptor but it does not work any more.
Not really sure why Fengtao has not made the proper change to the download page yet, ti does cause members un-necessary time and issues

Thanks! Yeah that was very confusing. I absolutely HATE to spend US$130 on AnyDVD, when I’ve already bought DVDFab.

But even if the driver is a Blu-ray, it should show up as a device in DVDFab if it can deal with regular DVDs.

ahhhh, but not when there’s a Blu-ray disc inserted :slight_smile: Plain old DVD works fine.

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2071646]Thanks! Yeah that was very confusing. I absolutely HATE to spend US$130 on AnyDVD, when I’ve already bought DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

stewie7669

Make sure you read those anydvd forums real good, My browsing thru them tells me that they pretty much have to have a new update for every movie that comes out on BR. That was the whole purpose for BR if I was reading it right.

Happy burning

bean55