Can't Get DVDFab Platinumto register

vbimport

I have been using DVDFab HD Decrypter for quite some time now. I just decide to pay for DVDFab Platinum v5. I have tried use the key attachment that was sent to me as well as copying and pasting the key in myself, with no luck. It keeps telling me my evaluation period has expired. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I have downloaded it from www.DVDFab.com and from www.DVDFab.net. I have also tried doing the clean install that was suggested in another thread. I am running Vista. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

please download from dvdfab.com

please save the key to hard drive and double click to register

or copy and paste [B][U]EXCLUDING[/U][/B] the * asterisk

troy

Troy,

That is what I have done. Please see below.

Try turning off the UAC in vista then install Fab then use key then re-enable UAC.

please do a complete uninstall and reinstall using new download. then enter the registration by double clicking the key file with dvdfab closed.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2065659-post1.html

troy

Where did you buy this?

I Purchased it from DVDFab.net, but I downloaded the program from DVDFab.com. Why are there tow different sites with two different programs?

Jethro–Turning off UAC worked. But when I turn it back on, it gives me the same problem. Any thoughts?

You bought it and downloaded at the right place. There are legal reasons for the two different versions. Always download from the links here in the forum or at the [B].com [/B]website.

Thanks…understand.

Make sure Fab is allowed in your DEP list.

How?

[QUOTE=Rot-Weiler;2120194]How?[/QUOTE]

Open control panel>>system then on the left click on "Advanced System Setting
now under “Performance” click on settings and click on the DEP tab (Data Execution Prevention)

make sure you have a tick mark for
"Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"

Should I remove the files or just uncheck them? I tried unchecking them, but when I went back in, the last two where checked again.

[QUOTE=Rot-Weiler;2120252]Should I remove the files or just uncheck them? I tried unchecking them, but when I went back in, the last two where checked again.[/QUOTE]

All items in the DEP list have to be checked in order for them to be unblocked by DEP

Well in that case, they were all checked. Any other ideas why it will not work with UAC turnedon?

OK need to know if you are running Vista Home or Vista Ultimate ?

Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64X2
Daul-Core Processor 4400+

[QUOTE=Rot-Weiler;2120293]Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64X2
Daul-Core Processor 4400+[/QUOTE]

Ok the reason I asked is because with the Vista Home Premium version you are limited on what you can do :frowning: and the reason for this limitation is because the “Administrator Status” has not been defined in the security policy (the biggest down fall of the Home Premium version)

Howevere you can try disabling windows defender which blocks programs from making changes to the registry…
Open the following
Control Panel >> Administrator Tools >> Computer Management >> Services and Applications >> Services
and go down the list of services until you come to “Windows Defender” double click on it to open it’s properties clcik on stop then in the dropdown window where it says Automatic select “Disable” click apply…OK then close all windows that are open and reboot the system and reinstall DVDFab after you do a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature

:cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2120307]Ok the reason I asked is because with the Vista Home Premium version you are limited on what you can do :frowning: and the reason for this limitation is because the “Administrator Status” has not been defined in the security policy (the biggest down fall of the Home Premium version)

Howevere you can try disabling windows defender which blocks programs from making changes to the registry…
Open the following
Control Panel >> Administrator Tools >> Computer Management >> Services and Applications >> Services
and go down the list of services until you come to “Windows Defender” double click on it to open it’s properties clcik on stop then in the dropdown window where it says Automatic select “Disable” click apply…OK then close all windows that are open and reboot the system and reinstall DVDFab after you do a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I have a PC with vista hom premium & never had to go through all of the above grief to install & test DVDFAB - admittedly that was with V4, but is there any difference installing V5 ?
( N

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2120307]Ok the reason I asked is because with the Vista Home Premium version you are limited on what you can do :frowning: and the reason for this limitation is because the “Administrator Status” has not been defined in the security policy (the biggest down fall of the Home Premium version)

Open the following

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm…

I have a PC with vista home premium & never had to go through any of the above grief to install & test DVDFAB - a.f.a.i.k it installed just fine & I didn’t even have to turn off UAC. Admittedly that was with V4, but is there any difference in how the install works for V5 , compared with installing V4?

( Nowadays I just use V5 on my windows XP PC, so I only ask out of curiosity )