Can't get decrypted dvd to play after burning

vbimport

Plextor Forum folks and Newbie forum folks: I am new to DVD burning with lots of prior success in CD burining.
I have a new PX 716UF dual format dvd burner, Dell 4600C w/ 512 MB RAM and 40GB hard drive + a Western Digital 160 GB USB External Hard Drive (I’m using all it’s space for ripped dvd’s and DVD burning software) I have a DVD player in the Dell that I copy from. I want to play my copied DVD’S on a stand alone Panasonic PV9451 (it supports MPEG2 DVD’s) and is only 2 years old
I am trying to back up my DVD movies, I have so much trouble with that, that I haven’t yet had the chance to try much else. first thank all of you for your suggestions.
Now some more specifics: I am doing ok with decrypting and ripping to my HD. I am using the Freewar Decrypter 3.2 for this. After ripping with decrypter, I can open these; all the titles or chapters (whichever) are labeled Nero Showtime File–they are opened by and play on Nero showtime (it doesn’t look like Windows Media Player will open them)–does that tell us anything about this problem? I think this is the way they wound up as a result of the decprytion process in Decryptor 3.2.
The problem is in getting the DVD from the HD burned to disc. Could it be: 1. the Plextor 716Uh–is there some obscure setting or driver problem? I’ve looked at bitrate and I think I have that right. 2. Could it be to do with Nero Recode 2 or am I using the wrong Nero program (I have 6 ultra with the upgrade to 6.3). I believe that Decryptor defaults to use Nero Recode 2. I also have the Roxio software that came with the Plextor, but the opnions on these boards all seem to favor Nero–so I haven’t loaded Roxio’s DVD writing software except for the Plex Tools Pro (also upgraded week before last). There is also the Windows stuff that is part to the new Widows Media Player 9 upgrade. Could it be the meda Fujifilm DVD-R? I have lost of software and just too many variables here for sure. I need help. I’ve been at this for over a week BB and Plextor aren’t going to be of any help. Out of deperation I found a good dealProfed@aol.com on 1 click DVD Copy on E-bay las night and it is on the way. can anyone offer any help on this cold Montana night?

edd,
Theres a section in nero dvd called burn DVD movies. It will open a popup and show two folders on the left (Video_ts & Audio_ts) on the right side you find the Video_TS folder you saved your movie to and highlight it and click add. The Video_ts folder on the left will turn red. Now click finish. Now click next and go into the burn panel. Set your speed to what ever the media speed is. Type in the name of the movie. Make sure you have the right DVD player selected and click burn.
Your right Windows Media Player won’t play the MPeg2 movies because you have to buy a MPEG2 decoder

Your going to have to buy a program to decode the copy protection on the movies if you use anything other than decriptor. Decriptor does both, rips and decodes. I would recommend that you download a trial copy of ANYDVD at www.Slysoft.com to use with 1click

I would go back to what G-osters says. Just do the basic things first. I believe Nero is a little difficult to work with after using just Decrypter. Start by ripping the movie with Shrink, and then save the back up as an ISO on your harddrive. You can customize what you want on the disc, be it extras or not, but the menus will only be available if you do a full disc. This is not advisable if it is a long movie as the compression needed would sacrifice the quality of the main movie. Unless you can burn the whole thing to a dual layer disc. If the original is only a DVD-5 or single layer then you can do a full disc back up. After ripping with Shrink, and saving as an ISO on your harddrive, just open up Decrypter, and point it to the ISO, (in options choose “write” ) and then click the icon at the bottom of the harddrive to disc. This should play in 90% of set top players. Hope this helps.