Can't get Alcohol 120% to work

I downloaded Alcohol 120% 1.3.5.1112 from the Alcohol website and Download.com, but when I tried to install the self extracting WinRAR file it said:

CRC failed in trial_setup.msi
Unexpected end or archive

I was told to re-download the file and I did so but the same error occured every time. I looked on the Alcohol website (http://www.alcohol-software.com/download.php) for help and it said:

Installation Notes

If you are having problems installing Alcohol you may need to download the Windows Installer for your O/S

Windows Installer Redistributable for Windows 95, 98, and Me
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=32831

I downloaded this file for my Windows 98 OS but it did not install either!

But the main point - why didn’t Alcohol 120% install?

Do you have any kind of download manager installed? If so, disable it. I don’t think either one of those sites like download managers.

Yeah…i have Go!Zilla BUT i didn’t use it when I downloaded Alcohol 120%. Does it really make a difference?

There have been several occasions that I have tried to download something with the download manager running and all I got was a corrupt file. When I turned the download manager off and tried again, I was able to grab the file I was after no problems. Give it a shot, can’t hurt. :bigsmile:

But Go!Zilla wasn’t on when I downloaded the file…it’s never on, I downloaded it ages ago but never use it…ne other suggestions? :confused:

Originally posted by Smabbage
There have been several occasions that I have tried to download something with the download manager running and all I got was a corrupt file. When I turned the download manager off and tried again, I was able to grab the file I was after no problems
Too true. I can’t see any other reason…and how do you turn Gozilla off?! Besides uninstalling and formatting, this program has the tenacity of a cockroach after a nuclear explosion. I use GetRight which does not work on the Alcohol-software or DiscJuggler (padus.com) sites :wink:

Hi, did you clean your temp file in window… ( I mean all temp folder… ex \windows emp, emp, mp, %profiles%\local setting emp, etc…

this should solve your problem…