Can't flash my LH-20A1H

I’ve recently bought a new computer with a Lite-on LH-20A1H. When I download the latest firmware from lite-on’s website (LL06.exe) and I try to install it I get this error message:

No matched drive detected!
This utility is only for LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H drive.

Detected drives:
0-0-0-0 E:LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL0B

What is wrong here? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-SG

goto the global site LLOC is the latest you can’t flash 2 older firmware

doh ok i got it thanks

not a problem you r welcom welcom to cd freaks also

Sorry to dig this up but I’m having the same issue on a LH-20A1P KL0A.

If I understand your reply correctly, it reads that we can’t flash a new firmware to an older one ?

That seems to defeat the purpose of updating the firmware if you can’t flash a newer version over an older version. Am I reading that wrong ?

No Matching drives detected!
This utility is only for LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P
Detected drives:
0-0-0-0 E:LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0A

[quote=Tedfs;1915768]
If I understand your reply correctly, it reads that we can’t flash a new firmware to an older one ?[/quote]
Where does it say that? OP was trying to flash LL06 onto the drive with LL0B, which is newer, then it was stated, “…LL0C is the latest you can’t flash 2 older firmware.”

Am I reading that wrong ?

Yes.

However, if the firmware were a patched one, then you CAN flash onto the drive, irregardless of firmware age.

Hi,[QUOTE=Tedfs;1915768]Sorry to dig this up but I’m having the same issue on a LH-20A1P KL0A.

If I understand your reply correctly, it reads that we can’t flash a new firmware to an older one ?[/quote]You can’t flash older firmware over a newer one (at least not with stock firmwares from Liteon website). The other way works as designed.

That seems to defeat the purpose of updating the firmware if you can’t flash a newer version over an older version. Am I reading that wrong ?
:iagree:

Michael

Ahh I see where I messed up.

The file names must be like hex is in programming.

…7 8 9 A B C…

Therefore KL0A would be newer than the KL05 flash that is on Liteon’s site.
Weird that they would have the older firmware as the first and only link for firmware .

:doh: