Can't Find MIJ DVD-R

vbimport

Went to Frys and Best Buy, I’m in Southern California, USA, couldn’t find any. Where do they sell them at? Target, Super K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, Staples? Anyone know a place I can find them consistently at?

nope but try some MIT or MIS

[QUOTE=tgidday;2008648]nope but try some MIT or MIS[/QUOTE]

Err, no one really has DVD MIS. That’s only really verbatim DL discs.

And most shit media is MIT or MIC. You can’t just get any MIT and expect it to be good.

I suggest using Verbatim.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2008671]Err, no one really has DVD MIS. That’s only really verbatim DL discs.

And most shit media is MIT or MIC. You can’t just get any MIT and expect it to be good.

I suggest using Verbatim.[/QUOTE]
So your using verbatim made in India?WTF:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=tgidday;2008680]So your using verbatim made in India?WTF:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you’ve come to this conclusion? :confused:

HAHA, thanks for your quick replies. I read somewhere on here that Verbatim MIT’s are actually pretty good? I’m using MIA’s right now, Made In Albania, JK.

Hi

Go to rima.com and order some MIJ Taiyo Yuden!!!

HTH
NBK

verbatim MCC03RG20 made in tiwain works for me. Do not understand “And most shit media is MIT…”

when he says "most sht is done in MIT and MIC" he’s right, because there are a lot of factories making from ritek to faked media codes, he didn’t say that Verbatim MIT were sht.

@ Robert De Niro,

The current economic climate has made it difficult to obtain quality Made In Japan Media in any of the local Brick and Mortar retail outlets you mention in your original posting.

I echo Forum Member NBK suggestion concerning Rima.Com as a source of Made In Japan (MIJ) Taiyo Yuden Media. Rima.Com sells genuine authentic MIJ Taiyo Yuden Media at a reasonable price. All Taiyo Yuden Media is manufactured in Japan and in many circles Taiyo Yuden Media is consider the best Media available.

http://rima.com

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks rakter, makes sense.

[QUOTE=tgidday;2008680]So your using verbatim made in India?WTF:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

No but I am and they’re excellent (MCC004) :bigsmile:

Robert de Niro (nice nick hehe) - try some Verbatim 16x +R MIT (MCC004), that would be my recommendation ;)…or order online at Rima as NBK and bjkg suggested, for 8x Taiyo Yuden +R (which are really nice discs) :slight_smile:

Tried them when they first hit the USA, worst media I ever bought, I do respect your opinion about media and burning. Maybe things with the processing plants in India are better now, but 13 out of 25 being coasters is not acceptable. I have burned over 800 disks in the last 4 years that have been good to this day (always a Ty and verb fan). Less then 30 coasters 13 being the Indian made -r verbs. I will give them another try and see if my opinion changes, I hope it does. Thanks for your input Arachne ( AKA The Fluffinator)

Hehe, funnily enough we were discussing MII SL media in another thread…either we’re getting the good stuff here, or they’ve improved somewhat in recent months. :slight_smile:

I appreciate your opinion as well :flower:…you never know, there may well be a quality difference between our MII Verbs and yours, it wouldn’t surprise me. :wink:

Maybe they figure the “Yanks” will buy anything with Verbatim on the label…LOL. Besides your closer and they still remember British rule and are afraid…very afraid…LOL.

Hahahaha! :bigsmile:

Mind you (getting back on-topic somewhat), the MIJ Verbatims we get here (16x DVD-/+R) aren’t the usual excellent quality we expect from either Verbatim or TY :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2008757]Hehe, funnily enough we were discussing MII SL media in another thread…either we’re getting the good stuff here, or they’ve improved somewhat in recent months. :)[/QUOTE]

It’s obviously a commonwealth conspiracy. You are the former colonial rulers, so naturally they’re going to give you the best media. :bigsmile:

(and to my Indian friends, that was just a little jokey-joke)

[QUOTE=negritude;2008961]It’s obviously a commonwealth conspiracy. You are the former colonial rulers, so naturally they’re going to give you the best media. :bigsmile:

(and to my Indian friends, that was just a little jokey-joke)[/QUOTE]

LOL! Wish they’d send us the best MIJ 16x Verb DVD Rs as well :wink:

Rima and Supermedia are located in southen CA, maybe you can see how far away they are from you.

You can check Sears, once in a while you’ll find some MIJ DVD’s. (Both Sony 8x 08D1? and T02? and Maxell 8x MXLRG03? )

Also ar Circuit City, they carry some Panasonic DVD-Rs in a 5 pack (8x TYG02 as well) for about $10

Thanks for the info disk n00b, didn’t know they’re located over here, gonna definitely check it out.