Cant find DH20A1H firmware

my drive is having problems reading some dvds which seem to be dvd 9 (dual layer). it reads dvd 5 fine. so i tryed looking for firmware for the DH20A1H and cant find it anywhere. i was hoping someone can help. the version now is 5 X 11

Moved to LiteOn forum.

Hi Ra1985, welcome to CDF.

You have an OEM drive with OEM firmware, for which I don’t know of any official firmware updates either. You can however “crossflash” your drive to an LH-20A1H model description, which uses the same hardware and for which the latest official firmware version is LL0C. Check out codeguys.rpc1.org on how to proceed. Note that this may void your warranty on the drive and/or PC.

You should first use Flash Utility to backup Firmware and use EEPROM Utility to restore EEPROM. Then you can crossflash the official newest firmware------LL0C

download link: codeguys.rpc1.org

[QUOTE=Cressida;2006014]Hi Ra1985, welcome to CDF.

You have an OEM drive with OEM firmware, for which I don’t know of any official firmware updates either. You can however “crossflash” your drive to an LH-20A1H model description, which uses the same hardware and for which the latest official firmware version is LL0C. Check out codeguys.rpc1.org on how to proceed. Note that this may void your warranty on the drive and/or PC.[/QUOTE]
I also need to update the firmware in my HP DVD10140d lightscibe drive (actually a DH-20A1H). I downloaded and ran the flash and eeprom utilites without incident. But when I tried load the LH-20A1H (LLOC) I downloaded from the Codeguys site, Omnipatch it said it was scrambled/compressed. The site said that all the firmware listed was unscrambled. How can I get an unscrambled version?

Omnipather does not support newer drives.