Can't erase rewriteable dual-layer DVD

i have a pioneer DVRX-122 dual layer burner ,Im using Nero 8, I cannot get the disc to erase. It is rewritable It is dvd dual layer can anyone tell me how u erase these disc?:sad:

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

I’ll move your thread to the Newbie forum, where you’ll get more help :slight_smile:

Thanks Arachne :flower:

[B]@yellahorse:[/B] can you confirm this is a rewriteable dual layer DVD? Some people are misled by the ‘RW’ letters on discs which in fact are just a trademark of a +R format and [I][B]not[/B][/I] rewriteable.

Sounds a likely answer, as I didn’t think they’d got round to DL rewrite yet - not sure if it would even be possible - I guess current drives could probably handle it with a firmware update if they can make the media.

From my experience of even purchasing DVD+R discs, I have seen online stores ship out DVD+Rs instead of DVD+RWs due to them titling certain DVD+R products as DVD+RWs, most likely due to the logo. :doh:

The following is a photo of the logo printed on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL packaging I have handy, where one could easily mistaken the ‘RW’ in the logo as this being rewritable media.

[quote=Matth;1937698]Sounds a likely answer, as I didn’t think they’d got round to DL rewrite yet - not sure if it would even be possible…[/quote] Double Layer DVD+RW exists, but it’s very rare and most drives don’t support this type of media.

[B]Well, that sure answers my question,thats exactly what i did ,i mistook the RW logo as rewritable,unfortunatley after misburning 7 or 8 dl disc thinking i could re write. Thanks for all the quick answers its greatly apreciated, hard tellin how many more i would have been trying to erase!:bow:[/B]