Can't do SD2.9x

Damn it. I have to add my two drives to the list:
LTR52246s and the LTR40125s @LTR48125W

The same discs don’t work

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]Damn it. I have to add my two drives to the list:
LTR52246s and the LTR40125s @LTR48125W

The same discs don’t work [/B]
The Liteys are hit or miss for 2.9x which is why you should all have an ASUS :stuck_out_tongue:

is this what they talked about blacklisting the liteys? I bought generals zero hour and I can’t get the backup to work. I read all the stuff I could find. The elbyvcd should be the trouble. Well… I removed it all from the registry accept for LEGACY_ELBYVCD but this one does not let me delete it.

So… should a backup of C&C Generals Zero:Hour work at all?

ps. The reason why sd2.9 aims for litey may be because they have prooven to be the best or at least quite up there. And yes I know you love your asus and I know why, but I still love my liteys too even though they can’t be used in combination with ccd anymore (for newer protections).

By the way, I believe that generals (first two discs) was also a sd2.9 protected game. This one was backed up easily with alcohol 120%, but my newer games can’t be backed up anymore. I don’t own all newer titles so I don’t know if this is true in general (or only in generals :bigsmile: )

It’s not about blacklisting, I think. Latest version of Alcohol will do it as will DiscDump and FireBurner. BW too.

including generals zero hour? Than it is time to update my version of alcohol.

As of BW. I wasn’t able to make a simgle backup of a protected disc. I believe that a WinXP pro disc worked, but bad because the disc seemed to have many damaged sectors. (using nerotool)
So I kinda wan’t to keep it with CCD and alcohol 120%, but the version of alcohol is not the latest, maybe that’s the problem?

btw I keep getting the same *.tmp error as making a bad copy or not activating the hide cd-r media.

Originally posted by FutureProof
It’s not about blacklisting, I think. Latest version of Alcohol will do it as will DiscDump and FireBurner. BW too.

Discjuggler will also do sd 2.9 with the Asus. :smiley:

the new liteys do sd 2.9 just fine with no emulation other than hide cdr for cdrws…im talking 523252 drives ive seen 4 and all 4 do fine. and yes they are quieter than the older 522452 drives…and yes you can get them for like 30$ with rebates.

But won’t an ASUS fail to install its own copies sometimes?

Originally posted by xtacydima
But won’t an ASUS fail to install its own copies sometimes?

They won’t install a twinpeak securom 4.8x copy which is why FP recommends that you partner it with a Litey dvd. That combo would cost a total of about $105au (~$70us) downunder and can pretty well handle anything (other than starforce 3 and a couple of other oddities of course).

Personally, I’d always have a Litey dvd on my system anyway. They’re very good general dvds, good subs readers, are extremely tolerant of copies (unlike the picky toshibas), happily install and run twinpeak copies (unlike tosh, plex and asus drives which can run them but can’t install), can’t read an atip and are as cheap as chips. :smiley: Why wouldn’t you want one?

Of course, if you’re stuck with just an Asus cdrw as you’re only rom, you can always install a securom 4.8x game from the original or from a simple non-twinpeak copy.

I have the new liteon dvd/cdrw combo it works great for sd2.9 well so does my 52327s so i put the dvd drive in a seperate machine so it can play my backups. without the need to hide my atip i can play copies with absolutly no emu. (i use the plex premium for the securerom copies, yes i know its expensive).:o

[B]including generals zero hour? Than it is time to update my version of alcohol.

As of BW. I wasn’t able to make a simgle backup of a protected disc. I believe that a WinXP pro disc worked, but bad because the disc seemed to have many damaged sectors. (using nerotool)
So I kinda wan’t to keep it with CCD and alcohol 120%, but the version of alcohol is not the latest, maybe that’s the problem?

btw I keep getting the same *.tmp error as making a bad copy or not activating the hide cd-r media. [/B]

your hiding the media if your getting *.tmp errors its because the copy isnt good enough for whatever drive your trying to play it on. you would get another message like please insert original disk if it was not hiding the media. i get that message when i dont hide the media i also get it for blacklisted programs.

I backed Generals Zero Hour up with alcohol 120% 1.4.6.711 and I got the tmp error. Then I did the same with the newer version and the tmp error is gone but it takes for ever to say so. The new error is that it keeps asking for the disc even when hide media is enabled.

I did have to rectify the subchannel data with sd2.8, but I don’t have to with sd2.9 right?
ps. with lite-on I don’t have to bypass efm… correct?

So would it be better to buy the 52327s? I thought about it, but I did not buy it right away.

[B]I backed Generals Zero Hour up with alcohol 120% 1.4.6.711 and I got the tmp error. Then I did the same with the newer version and the tmp error is gone but it takes for ever to say so. The new error is that it keeps asking for the disc even when hide media is enabled.

I did have to rectify the subchannel data with sd2.8, but I don’t have to with sd2.9 right?
ps. with lite-on I don’t have to bypass efm… correct?

So would it be better to buy the 52327s? I thought about it, but I did not buy it right away. [/B]

the 52246s should be just as good as the 52327. try using alcholor for your settings…you can download it up above. also i get better results using alc120 than blindwrite for sd2.9.

The trouble is that the image created with alcohol seems fine. But when I burn the 2nd block with sectors is yellow (in nero cd speed this means damaged). In my other drives this 2nd block of sectors turns red. This normally does not happen with sd copies.

I think it has nothing to do with settings or blacklisting. I think it’s a problem of not being able to burn these sectors correctly.

Thus it is a protection aimed ad Lite-on not to work.

Still have to say this is a wild guess.

[B]The trouble is that the image created with alcohol seems fine. But when I burn the 2nd block with sectors is yellow (in nero cd speed this means damaged). In my other drives this 2nd block of sectors turns red. This normally does not happen with sd copies.

I think it has nothing to do with settings or blacklisting. I think it’s a problem of not being able to burn these sectors correctly.

Thus it is a protection aimed ad Lite-on not to work.

Still have to say this is a wild guess. [/B]

try using alcoholor for settings…use the liteon 522452 for reading and writing…ive gotten it to work i believe…i dont have that drive anymore so cant tell you…i know the 52327s is a 2 sheep burner and i know it backs up pretty good (well as well as a 2 sheep can do). i can get my backup of MOHAA Breakthrough which is sd2.9 to work on all my drives except for my laptop which i know that drive wont work with any backup of sd2.9 its a toshi drive.

I couldn’t wait for your answers so I bought the drive earlier this day. It seems that this drive also sucks with this protection and I know for really sure that sd2.9040 is nothing like earlier releases of the sd2.9. It does strange things when burning the disc. Using Alcohol… no luck. Using Blindwrite… no luck. Using CCD… I don’t know uet, but the older versions could not do it with that program either.

The thing is that when you burn a copy of sd2.9040 the copy turns out to have bad sectors from 300 and up, not like the normal 800 and up. In Lite-On drives these are damaged sectors. In other drives these are bad sectors.

The game I used to test it on was Generals and Generals Zero Hours.
The first one has an older sd2.9 protection that went fine in all my burners. The second one has sd2.9040 and all my drives failed no matter what media I used. I think this really is an attack on Lite-On and now we have to wait for Lite-On to strike back!

I couldn’t wait for your answers so I bought the drive earlier this day. It seems that this drive also sucks with this protection and I know for really sure that sd2.9040 is nothing like earlier releases of the sd2.9. It does strange things when burning the disc. Using Alcohol… no luck. Using Blindwrite… no luck. Using CCD… I don’t know uet, but the older versions could not do it with that program either.

The thing is that when you burn a copy of sd2.9040 the copy turns out to have bad sectors from 300 and up, not like the normal 800 and up. In Lite-On drives these are damaged sectors. In other drives these are bad sectors.

The game I used to test it on was Generals and Generals Zero Hours.
The first one has an older sd2.9 protection that went fine in all my burners. The second one has sd2.9040 and all my drives failed no matter what media I used. I think this really is an attack on Lite-On and now we have to wait for Lite-On to strike back!

If you find extra errors on the backup, the weak sectors introduced with sd 2.9 haven’t been burned correctly:(

That’s right. This is the stange part. I checked the image and the image seems fine. When you start to burn, there is the trouble.

The CCD (Image w/CUE) & Fireburner (Burn) combo has not failed me yet. You can trial Fireburner for like a month. Also, DiscDump/Fireburner combo works as effectively. Are you sure you never had CCD Virtual Drive installed? That could definitely be a problem as to why it is not running.