Cant' delete files from Media

When I try to delete folders or files from DVD R/W media on my Plextor PX-716A messages say ’ The file or folder (name) is a read-only file . Are you sure you want to delete it?
Chose yes and message says ’ Cannot delete (fielname): Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive.
Get same message from media on LiteOn CD/RW drive. My operating system is Windows 2000. :smiley:

How was the disc made?

By the sounds of it it was burned in the same way a DVDR disc is, this means the files are all on the disc and the only way to remove one or two i to copy the files off the disc, erase the full disc and then put them back on again.

If you are using packet writing software (e.g. InCD etc) then it sonds like its gone wrong (as usual).

Either live with the extra files and folders or copy the data off the disc and re-burn it.

CD’s cannot be used like a floppy drive or USB pen drive without extra help. Unless the packet writing program is installed you need to use CD / DVD creating software to put items onto a CD / DVD