Can't copy stealth

HI can any one help, I have tried to back up my copy of stealth with x copy express, dvd fab express, dvd shrink, any dvd, dvd 43, 1 click dvd and dvd fab decrypter. None of these seem to work for me. Any one who has successfully copied the movie can you please tell me how you did it ?
Thanks so much.

I believe its filesystem has an invalid 16th VOB set and some screwed up pointers to .BUP files. You should be able to copy the movie to your hard drive if you use a utility with a file mode (like DVD Decrypter) and simply skip .BUP and VTS_16_.* files.

I used FabDecrypter…did the full DVD to the hardrive then you can use Shrink. Make sure you don’t have DVD43 running in the background becaue they conflict. Worked like a charm

D

[I’m also having a problem copying Stealth. I’ve decrypted using dvd decrypter. The files have been decrypted and saved on my hard drive but now I can’t get it to burn. It asks me to select a file and I can’t select all of them. It won’t let me. what am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem with Decrypter, get yourself a copy of FabDecrypter and that will do it(it’s free)

D

Ok, this movie seems to have issues with alot of people. Some people say they copy it with no problem whatssoever while others finally get it after some manipulation. Some people on the posts I’ve read had problems with Madagascar as well as Stealth. I have backed-up my whole movie collection thus far (about 70 movies) including Madagascar,without a SINGLE glitch always using the newest releases of AnyDVD (now 5.5.5.1) and CloneDVD2 (vers. 2.8.5.1). Some of the dics are old and have visible scuffs, scratches. Now, I have ran into my first problem… Stealth. Using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 I get an error stating that i need to clean the disc and try again. I cleaned the brand new disc that was already without fingerprints, dust, or scratches but to no avail. I returned the disc to the store and got another one. Same messege at the same place on the same file. So, I then tried DVDShrink (failure to read error), DVDDecrypter, and DVDFab Decrypter. None of these programs are working for me. Any of you experts out there have any suggestions ? Again keep in mind this is the 2nd original copy that these programs cannot seem to “read”. And by the way, both originals played in my standalone flawlessly from beginning to end including special features. The file it has a problem with is VTS_01_4.VOB which, from what I can tell, is the main movie around the 20th-22nd chapter. Also, I have 2 different DVD drives, 1 reader 1 burner. tried all the programs from both drives. Just tried again in CloneDVD2 copying just the main movie title and got the following :

E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.
[File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 PictureReader]

After uninstalling DVDFab Decrypter, then rebooting, then reinstalling, and a 3 hour wait, it finally sucessfully did what it was supposed to do… /shrug. In the process of shrinking it now with DVD Shrink, gonna see how that goes and then again with CloneDVD2 just for pure curiosity.

I copied Stealth with no problems at all. Used the newest version of AnyDVD, CloneDVD, selecting main movie only. Hope this helps.

That worked for Madagascar, but the only thing is that anydvd and clonedvd2 are trial versions.

I had the same problem… turns out my drive supports CPRM, which “Stealth” also has… I’m livid. Has anyone out there successfully burned “Stealth” into a full iso?

(edit: by same problem, I mean it’s been going down EXACTLY as you described. This has turned into a full blown project with me. I have several DVD recorders at my disposal… I’ve yet to get a full and complete iso out of that DVD. I hate it when companies FORCE me to buy disposeable products. I want a good backup.)

Everyone who’s upset about this should go to Fugitive’s thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=161954 and post the CPRM status of their drives

Can anyone copy the movie Asylum?

Has anyone tried copying the movie Asylum?? Any tips?? My pc won’t read the disc.

Yes, we all have. You just use the LATEST AnyDVD. Period.

I managed to copy Stealth using anyDVD and DVDShrink. Copied with this no problem. That is the only combination that would work for me.

Just copied Stealth using the latest version of AnyDVD v5.8.2.1 and CloneDVD2 v2.8.5.1 with no issues.
This is USA, Region 1. Total Time was under 20 minutes.

Ditto! You need the current version!

over 400 dvd copies made with 1 click dvd and anydvd (both latest versions).

no probs.

i aint the sharpest pin in the box when it gets technical, so i need summit easy to use…and by that i mean click and leave it.

Perhaps with as bad as Stealth was as a movie, it is better to see another that is much better? :wink:

the most disturbing part of the movie for me…was it was the voice of kit from knight rider…lol

Honestly…I kept waiting for the plane to say…Michael…what do we do now?? lol

Forgot about that! LOL