Cant copy stargate atlantis discs (only main movie and customize w/o menus work!)

vbimport

i just tried to copy a stargate atlantis dvd over but i cant read some of the data, and will only let me use customise and main movie with no menus and this is one of only 2 series dvds i have so unless it works on these, looks like buying will be pretty pointless cause where i want to use customise spilt i cant

I suggest you use Customize to split the discs. That is what I use for all my series discs. It works better for me than the Split function.
-IP

thats the problem, it doesnt work

First off, I rarely try to split a disc, but when I do, I agree with IP:

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;2045482]I suggest you use Customize to split the discs. That is what I use for all my series discs. It works better for me than the Split function.
-IP[/QUOTE]

Having said this, I know Fengtao has re-worked the split function and to be honest, I haven’t tried it.

I’m assuming you’re referring to v.5.0.0.0 since you posted the same info in the discussion thread.
Please refrain from crossposting. It’s against the forum rules and only fragments any info and frustrates anyone trying to follow or give advice.

Have you tried it with Pathplayer enabled and again, disabled?..don’t choose Enable PP when necessary.

sorry for double posting, i thought it might be a problem with the beta but it appears not to be, it happens on v4

i think its a problem with the menu of the original disc

i want to put 2 of the 4 episodes on a dvd5 each with the menu, so i can choose which one to watch
but the menus will not copy, thats why only main movie and customise work (w/o menus)

[QUOTE=al4x;2045492]sorry for double posting, i thought it might be a problem with the beta but it appears not to be, it happens on v4

i think its a problem with the menu of the original disc

i want to put 2 of the 4 episodes on a dvd5 each with the menu, so i can choose which one to watch
but the menus will not copy, thats why only main movie and customise work (w/o menus)[/QUOTE]

No problem…
Like I said, I rarely split so hopefully someone who has these episodes will pop in. I’ve seen instances where Fab stumbles with this stuff, but I’ve always been able to copy the menu in plain Customize mode, if desired.
Of course, the menu won’t function for 2 out of the 4 episodes populated, but it should still function for the 2 copied onto the disc.

So the menu will not copy at all?
You’ve tried it with and without PP? and with 4.1.2.0 and 5.0.0.0 (with and without)?

Any chance you could post a screenshot of your setup in plain customize?

Is the menu intact on the hdd on these rips?
Just to see if the menu will copy at all…try a full disc or clone rip…to your hdd and see if it will play correctly off the hdd.

it says after its been read that only customise and main movie are availible, ive tried all pp options still no luck

[QUOTE=al4x;2045518]it says after its been read that only customise and main movie are availible, ive tried all pp options still no luck[/QUOTE]

Maybe I’m being dense…but I just can’t quite connect the dots.
So, what happens at this point (“after it’s been read”…I think you mean analyzed?) if you you choose plain customize and select the 2 episodes and the menu…?
Are you able to proceed or are you caught in a continuous loop here?

after its been analysed i can split the episodes into discs, (tho it says there are 12 [40 min] episodes) but the preserve menu option is unselectable

ive been trying, cant find a way round this one

I don’t understand this either. With V5, the Menus/NoMenus checkbox is on the second page (after you click Next). As I understand it, you are saying that this checkbox is not active when you go to that page. Is that correct?

screen shot

The screen captures are a help, but I can’t duplicate the problem with any of the TV episode discs that I have. I’ll see if I can round up the one you have and test it.

after analysing

Al4x
DVDFab can’t read the disc location where the menus are located or can’t find them. This can be a sign of damage on the disc, but if all the discs in the series do this it is probably some type of protection that PathPlayer is not handling well. Please let the disc analyze with PathPlayer enabled with default settings (300/30). When it finishes, go to common settings/Info and click on the SEND IFO FILES button. Give that a minute or so to finish running (it will need the original disc to be in the drive). A box should come up where you can enter some basic information. In the large box at the bottom, describe the problem and that the “use main movie or customize/No Menus” box came up. Fengtao will fix it.

sent the files over