Can't copy my own disc!

Hey everyone!

So, I’m not exactly a newbie when it comes to using software like DVD Shrink or AnyDVD but I figured I best start at the bottom of the totem pole instead of the top. I’ve done a lot of DVD copying where I had to compress the video stream and break the copy protection, but I know for a fact there’s nothing like that on here because I made this disc.

I recorded video at a birthday party for a friend of mine, and I put in on a DVD for him. I made the DVD in Nero 8, burned it on a lightscribe disc so I could do a nice label, and gave it to him.

Well, now he wants a copy for some family out of town. I asked him for the original disc back thinking I could make a copy of it with DVD shrink or any other software.

The DVD plays fine in DVD players but no computer I’ve found will even recognize that there is a disc in the drive at all. I would burn another one but the nero project file is long gone; that computer disappeared at an airport a year ago.

So, I’m in a bit of a bind here. Anyone have any idea how to make this disc play nice in the sandbox? Could it be that I need to find someone else with a lightscribe drive in order to read the disc?

[QUOTE=AlexG2490;2157797]Hey everyone!

So, I’m not exactly a newbie when it comes to using software like DVD Shrink or AnyDVD but I figured I best start at the bottom of the totem pole instead of the top. I’ve done a lot of DVD copying where I had to compress the video stream and break the copy protection, but I know for a fact there’s nothing like that on here because I made this disc.

I recorded video at a birthday party for a friend of mine, and I put in on a DVD for him. I made the DVD in Nero 8, burned it on a lightscribe disc so I could do a nice label, and gave it to him.

Well, now he wants a copy for some family out of town. I asked him for the original disc back thinking I could make a copy of it with DVD shrink or any other software.

The DVD plays fine in DVD players but no computer I’ve found will even recognize that there is a disc in the drive at all. I would burn another one but the nero project file is long gone; that computer disappeared at an airport a year ago.

So, I’m in a bit of a bind here. Anyone have any idea how to make this disc play nice in the sandbox? Could it be that I need to find someone else with a lightscribe drive in order to read the disc?[/QUOTE]

Hi Alex,

Just want to ask, what is the brand of your burner? I might say there’s a problem on your DVD burner.

Nero strikes again eh? :slight_smile:

The only suggestion that springs to mind is to try ISOBuster. See if it can find the disk and its contents.

My own drive is an Opticarc DVD RW AD-7590A. However, I’ve tried the disc on 3 machines now. They all recognize other discs (including other lightscribe discs) but not this one.

Kerry56, can ISOBuster work if the drive doesn’t even realize there’s a disc in the drive?

Try the free version of ISOBuster. Just hit one of the download links instead of the Buy Now! link. http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

It may not work, but it won’t hurt anything to try.

Just for the heck of it, see if DVD Decrypter reads it…if it does, you’re in like flint…
If all fails, you can always transfer to PC via capture card…
Or DVD player to DVD Recorder…I would transfer to PC, for safekeeping and editing/authoring to a proper backup…