Can't copy it to hdd

vbimport

hi
i want to backup my dvd…
but i can’t even copy it to my harddisk… when i watch it it has a lot of interruptions.
:confused:

Some more details are needed :slight_smile:

What DVD is exactly? Is it a movie or a software or a picture slideshow or…?

What softwares are you using to copy the disc content on the hard disk? What software are you using to watch?

[QUOTE=geno888;2059796]Some more details are needed :slight_smile:

What DVD is exactly? Is it a movie or a software or a picture slideshow or…?

What softwares are you using to copy the disc content on the hard disk? What software are you using to watch?[/QUOTE]

video dvd.
i have xp & vista. i tried to copy the files to the hard disk first & watch it from there but as i said i got a lot of interruptions when i watched.
i have vlc & windows media player - both play good the original vob files.

Let me see if I understood :slight_smile:

When you try to play the original disc in your computer you have a stuttering playback. When you play the video from hard disk playback is fine. Is it correct?

This usually happens when the disc is scratched or dirty or damaged in some way.

If you can copy all files on your hard disk, you can burn all files in a new disc. This should solve.

If you can’t copy all files in your hard disk, the only solution is to try to read the disc with a different drive. Maybe you can ask a friend to use his/her computer to copy all files that your drive is not able to recover.

[QUOTE=geno888;2059810]Let me see if I understood :slight_smile:

When you try to play the original disc in your computer you have a stuttering playback. When you play the video from hard disk playback is fine. Is it correct?

This usually happens when the disc is scratched or dirty or damaged in some way.

If you can copy all files on your hard disk, you can burn all files in a new disc. This should solve.

If you can’t copy all files in your hard disk, the only solution is to try to read the disc with a different drive. Maybe you can ask a friend to use his/her computer to copy all files that your drive is not able to recover.[/QUOTE]

no.
the original is working fine.
the copied files on the hdd are not.

[QUOTE=Perek;2059815]no.
the copied files on the hdd are not.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to know how and what software you used to copy the source media. Also what kinda media and what speed did you burn at and burner and burner firmware as well.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2059820]It would be nice to know how and what software you used to copy the source media. Also what kinda media and what speed did you burn at and burner and burner firmware as well.[/QUOTE]

software?
drag & drop… there is no softwate …
copy-paste…
i’m not talking about burning yet…

[QUOTE=Perek;2059815]no.
the copied files on the hdd are not.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Perek;2059824]software?
drag & drop… there is no softwate …
copy-paste…
i’m not talking about burning yet…[/QUOTE]

This is really odd. It seems that something goes wrong when you copy files from the DVD to hard disk. It could be a damaged IDE cable or a damaged hard disk.

It could be also a faulty IDE driver (this issue is already well known about the first generation of nvidia nforce drivers and of Intel drivers).

Can you try to install a new set of cables? Can you check your hard disk with a specific tool to see if the drive is faulty?

[QUOTE=geno888;2059831]This is really odd. It seems that something goes wrong when you copy files from the DVD to hard disk. It could be a damaged IDE cable or a damaged hard disk.

It could be also a faulty IDE driver (this issue is already well known about the first generation of nvidia nforce drivers and of Intel drivers).

Can you try to install a new set of cables? Can you check your hard disk with a specific tool to see if the drive is faulty?[/QUOTE]

i have a pc & a laptop & both has the same thing…

:eek: Ok, now I’m officially confused :doh:

Can you try with a different disc to see if you get the same problem? Is the disc you are trying to copy a pressed disc or a burned one?

[QUOTE=geno888;2059838]:eek: Ok, now I’m officially confused :doh:

Can you try with a different disc to see if you get the same problem? Is the disc you are trying to copy a pressed disc or a burned one?[/QUOTE]

pressed official dvd disc.
i think it’s because of the protection.

If the disc is protected you can’t do a copy/paste. This is what confuses me actually. A protected disc cannot be copyed with a copy/paste of files :frowning:

Can you try to use a ripping software? There are two main alternatives: DVDFab Decrypter (free) and AnyDVD (not free but it’s available a trial version fully functional for a month if I remember correctly)

[QUOTE=geno888;2059858]If the disc is protected you can’t do a copy/paste. This is what confuses me actually. A protected disc cannot be copyed with a copy/paste of files :frowning:

Can you try to use a ripping software? There are two main alternatives: DVDFab Decrypter (free) and AnyDVD (not free but it’s available a trial version fully functional for a month if I remember correctly)[/QUOTE]

fab helped
thx :iagree:

Good :smiley: