Can't copy Dazed and Confused

I have the latest anydvd update and it says that there is no bad sector but when copying the movie there is a bad sector. Anyone know what to do about this?

Could you give us some more information? What version of AnyDVD do you have? The latest update does not suffice.

What movie and region code is it? Where are you getting the info that there is [B]still[/B] a bad sector in it?

i have 6.0.4.5 the one they just released. I have 1click dvd copy to burn the movie and when it gets about 37 percent burn it will start to do a bad sector.

What region is this DVD? What is the drive you are useing to try to make this backup? What version of 1 click? Firmware that you are currently useing?

anydvd version ____________
clone dvd or other ripper version ________
Title ___________ w/s f/s
region code ____________
country of dvd purchase______________
reader name__________, reader f/w______________
burner name_____, f/w_________ speed of burn______________
media type_________
exact error message___________________________________
Comments____________________

Here’s a nice detailed list to fill in the blanks to get the proper help.

I’m Dazed and Confused myself…

Try to use DVDFAB it is free for 30 days.

the region is 1. my drive is a nec 3550a, and 1click is 4.2.9.2

what do you mean “anydvd says there is no bad sector” anydvd does NOT analyze for bad sectors is detects and removes encryption (which may or may not include bad sector protection…which is NOT the same as bad sectors themselves)

Dr. Who has asked a number of questions that we could really use the answers to in order to help you with your problem. you can also view this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1 in order to find out what kind of information is necessary to help and why.

pleaes come back to this thread and post the necssary information and it will be much easier for us to help.

anydvd version 6.0.3.1 i switch to the old one to try to see if that would work
clone dvd or other ripper version 1clickdvdcopy 4.2.9.2
Title ___________ w/s f/s ?
region code region is lock to region 1
country of dvd purchaseUSA
reader name , reader f/w
burner name NEC 3550a , f/w whatever it came with speed of burn6x
media type Data dvd
exact error message BAD Sector protection is not found. But 37% into the movie there is a bad sector

@chronzo:

Please paste the AnyDVD status output:

1. Insert DVD into drive and wait for it to spin up. The AnyDVD fox icon in your system tray should turn deep red.
  2. Click AnyDVD fox icon and choose “Status” from the left side of the window. Copy all text in the window and paste into a message in this thread.

This will tell us what type of copy protection is being used on this disk- specifically whether ArCoSS or Macrovision RipGuard could be causing your “Bad Sector” error.

Please do as DR. Who and Reasonsnotrules asks and we may be able to help you. Without the proper information it is very difficult to diagnose a problem.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.3.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2014928 sectors (3935 MBytes)
Total size: 3999036 sectors (7810 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DAZED_AND_CONFUSED
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

As AnyDVD states that “Bad Sector Protection [was] not found” your problem is probably due to a faultily manufactured disk or due to damage to the DVD from scratches/fingerprints etc. Have you tried cleaning the disk?

Update your anydvd.

@ Dr. Who:

Apparently he was using a newer version and later switched to 6.0.3.1 to see if that would fix this problem.

From his prior post:

anydvd version 6.0.3.1 i switch to the old one to try to see if that would work”

@ chronzo:

You should always update to the latest version of AnyDVD as Dr. Who suggested. Slysoft is constantly updating AnyDVD to work with new and morphing forms of copy protection. Don’t downgrade unless you are specifically told to due to a problem with the newest version. Even then, you might be better off just waiting a day or two for an upgrade (Slysoft is known for being very responsive to problems).

Opps sorry.

Yeah i have clean the disk like 5 times. It looks like new. It is a NetFlix dvd, I could return it for another but i just wanted to see why this problem is happening.

The 1 Click site states that 1 Click DVD Copy 4.2.9.2 is a very old version. You’re about 13 versions behind the newest release - 5.1.0.0. Please upgrade to the newest version here: http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/download.asp?ref=1click

Whenever you have a problem, it’s a good idea to check that you have the newest versions of the software that could be at fault.

I’m sorry. We can no longer help you now. Copying a rental DVD is a violation of U.S. Copyright law (and copyright law in many other nations). Please check the CDFreaks forum rules. It’s against CDFreaks policy to ask for help backing up a movie that you do not own.

Did you try the ripper function in AnyDVD?