Can't Copy CD

Thanks Chala , I hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Chala;2489628]So AnyDVD will remove the protection on a CD? Then I don’t need AnyCD which I was trying the trail version? [/QUOTE]
I think you mean CloneCD instead of AnyCD.
Here is some Information from the slysoft site:
CloneCD is the perfect tool to make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of copy protection.

But AnyDVD doesn’t just stop at DVDs. It also decrypts protected audio CDs to allow you to copy them. Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs.

So if you use AnyDVD with EAC it should remove copy protection.

Now onto somethings I want you to try with EAC.

First change to this setting:
EAC/ Drive Options/ Extraction Method/ Burst mode
Then OK.This is so EAC will skip errors & maybe damage.
Also make these settings:
1.Database pulldown : Get CD information from Remote freedb
2.Action pulldown: …Detect Gaps
3.Action pulldown:Leave Out Gaps
4.Edit pulldown: Select all
5.Action/Copy Range: Uncompressed Then OK.
There is editing that can be done with Copy Range. I haven’t used those features.
This will give you a single .wav file.
Listen to it & see if it sounds like what you want.If it does it is ready to burn to an Audio CD.
Using ImgBurn.
1.Tools/Create CUE File…
2.Browse for a file. Select the .wav created with EAC.
3. Track Options . Select PreGap: 0 Seconds
CD-TEXT: File Name or Custom Fill in as you want.
I’m not sure if this should be checked or not for your disc.
I don’t have a DJ mix like yours to test with.So it will be trial & error for you on this.
Prefer Accurate Audio Track Duration
Leave the others unchecked.
Some people like to check this one: Add To Write Queue When Done
I prefer to get this after so I leave it unchecked.
Select OK.ImgBurn will ask where to save the New.cue .
Save it to your folder where the .wav is.
Now select Write mode. Source/ Please select a file… /Browse for a file .
Select the .cue you created with ImgBurn
Destination : Your DVD drive . Select the Write button .

[QUOTE=Chala;2489177]Cholla please let me ask you this, if i rip to wav no cue sheet, how do i then get it to MP3 format on my drive, sorry this is becoming quite confusing![/QUOTE]
EAC will convert the .wav to .mp3 .If you have the correct codec as I put in a previous post.
I’m not sure why you need a .mp3 since you are trying to create an Audio CD backup copy.
You will lose some quality with a .mp3.
Heres how though;
Make a copy of you .wav to a different folder.EAC changes the .wav to a .mp3 in this process.
If you don’t have a second copy you will no longer have the .wav.
With EAC Tools/ Compress WAVs…
Select the .wav you want to convert. Open.
EAC will ask where you want to save it.
Give it the name you want & save it in the same folder as the .wav.
Save as type: External Compressor (*.mp3), Select Save
You should see a Command Prompt come up with lame.exe on it.
This will close when completed.
EAC will also have a WAV compression window. Just OK that .
You will now have a .mp3 of the disc.

[QUOTE=cholla;2489831]Thanks Chala , I hope this helps.

I think you mean CloneCD instead of AnyCD.
Here is some Information from the slysoft site:
CloneCD is the perfect tool to make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of copy protection.

But AnyDVD doesn’t just stop at DVDs. It also decrypts protected audio CDs to allow you to copy them. Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs.

So if you use AnyDVD with EAC it should remove copy protection.

Now onto somethings I want you to try with EAC.

There is editing that can be done with Copy Range. I haven’t used those features.
Listen to it & see if it sounds like what you want.If it does it is ready to burn to an Audio CD.
Using ImgBurn.
1.Tools/Create CUE File…
3. Track Options . Select PreGap: 0 Seconds
CD-TEXT: File Name or Custom Fill in as you want.
I don’t have a DJ mix like yours to test with.So it will be trial & error for you on this.
Prefer Accurate Audio Track Duration
Some people like to check this one: Add To Write Queue When Done
Now select Write mode. Source/ Please select a file… /Browse for a file .
Select the .cue you created with ImgBurn Destination : Your DVD drive . Select the Write button [/QUOTE]
Thanks Cholla I will try it your way with the damaged disk tonight with your settings in place. Yes I meant CloneCD I am sorry. This will be the last night I will mess around with this new LG burner I am returning it this weekend. The skipping and pausing of the burnt disk did it for me. To many problems with this burner. I will let you know how I make out with EAC

[QUOTE=cholla;2489831]EAC will convert the .wav to .mp3 .If you have the correct codec as I put in a previous post.
I’m not sure why you need a .mp3 since you are trying to create an Audio CD backup copy.
You will lose some quality with a .mp3.
Heres how though;
Make a copy of you .wav to a different folder.EAC changes the .wav to a .mp3 in this process.
If you don’t have a second copy you will no longer have the .wav.
With EAC Tools/ Compress WAVs…
Select the .wav you want to convert. Open.
EAC will ask where you want to save it.
Give it the name you want & save it in the same folder as the .wav.
Save as type: External Compressor (*.mp3), Select Save
You should see a Command Prompt come up with lame.exe on it.
This will close when completed.
EAC will also have a WAV compression window. Just OK that .
You will now have a .mp3 of the disc[/QUOTE]
I want to make a copy of the CD to preserve the original and I need a MP3 for my ipod thanks for all these instructions I will try them to the letter!

[QUOTE=cholla;2489831]Now onto somethings I want you to try with EAC.

Using ImgBurn.
1.Tools/Create CUE File…
3. Track Options . Select PreGap: 0 Seconds
CD-TEXT: File Name or Custom Fill in as you want.
Prefer Accurate Audio Track Duration
Some people like to check this one: Add To Write Queue When Done
Now select Write mode. Source/ Please select a file… /Browse for a file .
Select the .cue you created with ImgBurn
Destination : Your DVD drive . Select the Write button [/QUOTE]
[B]Thanks Cholla you are so helpful, but unfortunately it did not work, I tried it twice, I got an error message both times. 'Unhandled Exception" [/B]
[B]at Utils -> INDEX RANGE[/B]

[B]It seems that this disc is seriously flawed.[/B]

Chala if Burst mode didn’t work then the disc is seriously flawed.That’s what Burst mode is for to copy scrached discs mainly but it is also suposed to skip errors.
I tries an old scratched disc I have & Eac ripped it fine in Burst mode.
I don’t have many scratched discs but I bought this one used & very cheap.
It is possible when you get another new burner it will work better.
I will say I have followed a couple of tutorials on setting up EAC.
Like I’m using the correct drive offset & a different ASPI layer.
Even if Vista isn’t supposed to need one.
The .mp3 conversion should convert any .wav for you .I’m going to post an EncSpot image of an .mp3 done with EAC & the settings I posted.

Hey Chala, why not try dBpowerAmp?..It’s trialware(14-day free), and who knows you may just want to purchase it…Anyhow, I can’t remember(at the moment) what CD(s) I had trouble ripping with EAC, but DBPA ripped them…I’ll check and see if I still have the logs, but IIRC, it was a scratched 2-disc set, that I’ve now archived…
Not trying to switch you over, and I do love EAC, just that there is another user-friendlier(IMO) alternative…Good luck!

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

[QUOTE=cholla;2490075]Chala if Burst mode didn’t work then the disc is seriously flawed.That’s what Burst mode is for to copy scrached discs mainly but it is also suposed to skip errors.
The .mp3 conversion should convert any .wav for you .I’m going to post an EncSpot image of an .mp3 done with EAC & the settings I posted.[/QUOTE]
Cholla thanks for all your help the disk is flawed. I am checking into seeing if I could get another one without buying a new box set. I believe It was flawed from the start I don’t see any scratches on it at all.

In the mean time I will look into ways of possibly checking and restoring the disk.

I finally burnt a CD using EAC it did a great job I may choose that over ImgBurn or Nero.

I keep going back and forth with what I am going to do with my burner, it did a good jo with EAC.

I ripped a MP-3 of the bad disk as I stated earlier I believe but the bit rate was substandard the kbps was 89.

Anyway Cholla your the best I thank you so much for your imput and hope tos

[QUOTE=cholla;2490075]Chala if Burst mode didn’t work then the disc is seriously flawed.That’s what Burst mode is for to copy scrached discs mainly but it is also suposed to skip errors.
The .mp3 conversion should convert any .wav for you .I’m going to post an EncSpot image of an .mp3 done with EAC & the settings I posted.[/QUOTE]

Cholla thanks for all your help the disk is flawed. I am checking into seeing if I could get another one without buying a new box set. I believe It was flawed from the start I don’t see any scratches on it at all.
disk.

I finally burnt a CD using EAC it did a great job I may choose that over ImgBurn or Nero.

I keep going back and forth with what I am going to do with my burner, it did a good jo with EAC.

I ripped a MP-3 of the bad disk as I stated earlier I believe but the bit rate was substandard the kbps was 89.

Anyway Cholla your the best thank you so much for your input and I will see you around the forum!

Removed by Chala

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2490215]Hey Chala, why not try dBpowerAmp?..It’s trialware(14-day free), and who knows you may just want to purchase it…Anyhow, I can’t remember(at the moment) what CD(s) I had trouble ripping with EAC, but DBPA ripped them…I’ll check and see if I still have the logs, but IIRC, it was a scratched 2-disc set, that I’ve now archived…
Not trying to switch you over, and I do love EAC, just that there is another user-friendlier(IMO) alternative…Good luck!

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm[/QUOTE]

I don’t know t0nee it has taken me forever to learn EAC and i am still not half there. Don’t know if i have time to learn this dBpowerAmp. I will think about it, thanks for your suggestion and help as well!

Chala, Have you listened to the whole original CD ?
I ask to see if it plays all the way through & if you hear any thing wrong.
Will it play on a standalone CD or DVD player ?
Or your car player if it plays CD’s ?

I’ve been using EAC for a while too & there are things it is supposed to do I haven’t tried or learned either.

I have an older version of dBpowerAmp & it doesn’t have the ripper so I can’t say what the learning curve on it is.
t0nee1 could help with that.
The only reason I haven’t installed the new trial verson & let it go to free is I would probably need to reinstall all the codecs or .dlls I have put in the old one.The old one does the conversons I need it to & does them well .So I hate to mess with software that is working for me.
I think you should get the trial verson & give it a try though.
Also get a few CD -RW discs do your testing on those.Then when you get a copy on one of those .Do the same process on a CD -R .It sure saves making a lot of coasters.

Cholla sorry for being away for so long, i had a mean virus on my machine i had to remove. Took so long…anyways i want to thank you for all your help as well as t0nee and the others.
The disk was very bad indeed, the whole box-set was copy protected, all i needed was ANYDVD to remove protection then i was able to perform any task i needed. I replaced that problem disk as well, with another original copy. You guys are the best, thanks so much!!