Can't copy anything

vbimport

I recently purchased DVDneXt Copy Pro online and installed it. Registered it with the number given in the email and everything seemed to be going well. Finally figured out that I needed Machinist2.dll and had a challenge finding it since the link given doesn’t work. Installed it and started trying to copy some of my DVD’s to archive them. (Protect the originals from the kids) The software seems to run fine and it says that the process has completed successfully. But when I try to play the copy they don’t work. When I put it in the computer’s DVD drive they show up as a CD in Explorer and at the end of the burn there has only been around 3MB copied. This happens in Pro and Xpress. Please help!

As far as hardware goes. I have a 2.4Ghz Quadcore with 4GB of Ram, WinXPPro SP3 with 2 HP dvd1040 drives. :confused:

Welcome to the forum MovieNutty

Are you using Version 2 or the newest release, version 3?

Have tried with a different Movie Disc just to rule out that you have a bad disc?

You might try AnyDVD from Slysoft; they have a 21 day trial, and try it with Machinist not running.

It’s 2.9.9.6 Pro (Final Release) DVDneXtCOPY Core 3.0.1.4 I have tried several different discs in either drive and different blanks both single layer and dual layer.

How do you switch between Machinist2.dll and ANYDVD?

Thanks for the welcome and the reply

AnyDVD - http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=22027

What are the speed settings set at?

What is the burn Speed set at?

What blank media are you using?

Not sure what the speed settings are can you tell me where to look? ANYDVD Settings are set to Drive Default. In Nero DVD Speed is set to 8X
Have tried the Burn settings at 1, 12, and max. The blank media has been HP DVR+R Light Scribe and Memorex DVD+R DL.

HP is not respectable blank media and memorex is far from it as well. Also how old is your burner? Try to get some verbatim or TY blank media.

Both drives are less than a year old. I’ll try and get some Verbatim tonight, not familiar with TY is that the same as TDK?

Nope TY’s are short for Taiyo Yuden. As far as I know they are only sold online.

Thanks for the quick reply Like i said i’ll try to get some Verbatim tonight and let you know how that turns out…

Hey MovieNutty to change burn speed in DNC pro you click settings and then you get the pop up that you change the burn speed on and choose what drive you want to use to burn with. As for you HP and Memosux media burn at 4x speed for an ok burn but remember this media is not that good so you still might get a bad burn at that speed. The verbatims will be good but I try and only use Taiyo Yuden’s for my movies as I have not had bad burn using them.

Tried Verbatim same result will try the 4X speed next here is the window capture

http://club.cdfreaks.com/album.php?albumid=62&pictureid=693

What i can’t understand is that i have never had a problem when running DVD Shrink with HP or Memorex media. Starting to wonder if i should have gotten another program

Ok the only thing that can be thought of is what is the ISO or folder output size? Is it under 4.37 gigs?

[quote=MovieNutty;2153071]I recently purchased DVDneXt Copy Pro online and installed it. Registered it with the number given in the email and everything seemed to be going well. Finally figured out that I needed Machinist2.dll and had a challenge finding it since the link given doesn’t work. Installed it and started trying to copy some of my DVD’s to archive them. (Protect the originals from the kids) The software seems to run fine and it says that the process has completed successfully. But when I try to play the copy they don’t work. When I put it in the computer’s DVD drive they show up as a CD in Explorer and at the end of the burn there has only been around 3MB copied. This happens in Pro and Xpress. Please help!

As far as hardware goes. I have a 2.4Ghz Quadcore with 4GB of Ram, WinXPPro SP3 with 2 HP dvd1040 drives. :confused:[/quote]

There are many reasons that your having issues it could be a packet writing program you have installed it could very well be the cheap media your using it could be old firmware on your drives there are alot of reasons these things happen I would go to there support forum and post there to see if they can offer more help.

Ok lets clean this system first to rule out all the junk

Are you running Norton an Symantec

Is Nero installed what version

How many tool bars

What Reg cleaner are you running.

Driver an firmware updated.

Next most important what is this PC most used for.

This person is now burning away with DVD neXt COPY now after getting better quality media and trading in their HP burner to a LG Burner.

[quote=MovieNutty;2153550]Tried Verbatim same result will try the 4X speed next here is the window capture

http://club.cdfreaks.com/album.php?albumid=62&pictureid=693

What i can’t understand is that i have never had a problem when running DVD Shrink with HP or Memorex media. Starting to wonder if i should have gotten another program[/quote]
Don’t worry you made a good choice with choosing dvdnextcopy as it is better than shrink. Everyone here will get it up and running correctly for you once you do what is asked for us to help you and tell us what is asked about your computer.

Ok good to know that he is another happy burner. Nice to know HP burners are no good also

Well there is some if you want to crossflash them. I had a HP burner that was a rebadged BenQ 1620 to name one of many.

As mentioned above I replaced my HP with an LG GH22 and life is good. Thanks to all who helped me along the way.

Anytime MovieNutty.