Can't Connect with cablebox/dvr

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DIGA DMR-EA18K - DVD recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I want to record TV shows on my DVD recorder. I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD cable box/DVR. The face of this box only shows the time - NOT the channel I am viewing. When I want to record a live show my DVD goes into recording mode, but when I play it back I get a blank screen. So far I haven’t been able to get any real help form Comcast my cable provider. One customer support lady from Comcast says I can change the display on the cable box to read the channel I am watching and she says you can do that by going into setup and finding cable box settings on a menu, but I have been unable to do that. I’ve also called Panasonic customer support and they haven’t been able to help me so far. Is there something I may not be doing?

You should have an audio and video output from the DVR attached to the input of your DVD recorder. You then have to tune the channel that you are wanting to record on the DVR (or playback the file from the DVR). On the recorder, you have to select the input to which you have the DVR attached, and then record.