Can't Combine Partitions Together On Same Drive

I have 2 partitions Drive © = 127.99 GB and Drive (E) = 337.77 GB. Both on single 500 GB Drive. Want to combine them together but can’t figure out how. Tried Reloading OS But when i delete Partitions it only shows 130 GB. Have to create the rest through Computer Management. Please Help!!!

I assume your OS is a windows version…

If you do it in a fresh windows setup, you can delete both partitions and create a new one for the whole hard disk space. This way [B]all data in your hard disk will be erased[/B]. Be careful and backup first!

If you have already installed your OS, you have to use special software in order not to destroy your setup and files. A free one is EASEUS Partition Master 3.0 Home Edition. If you have Windows Vista, you can resize the partition from computer/disk management.

[QUOTE=Enigma_dw;2240771]I have 2 partitions Drive © = 127.99 GB and Drive (E) = 337.77 GB. Both on single 500 GB Drive. Want to combine them together but can’t figure out how. Tried Reloading OS But when i delete Partitions it only shows 130 GB. Have to create the rest through Computer Management. Please Help!!![/QUOTE]

What version of O/S are you using? 130G seems to tell me a wild guess you have XP plain not SP1 or SP2 or SP3 and that earlier version won’t see past 137G of HDD that is the limitations of the first XP before any Service Packs. You either have to get XP SP2 or SP3 slipstreamed and use that cd to format your HDD and you should see the correct HDD size. I should know my cuz did that same thing to a 500G drive. I for one keep the size one full HDD size rather then partition it - had bad experiences loosing data when I merged partitioned HDD spaces. So go get a XP SP2 or SP3 that is already together or slipstream SP3 to XP to get XP SP3 that will recognized HDD drive larger then 137G limitations.

The free download of nLite from http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/nLite/1087118197/1 makes slipstreaming very easy if you need help with that.

i apoligize pc’s been down i have windows xp professional pretty sure it has sp1, definatly not sp2 or sp3. pc is costum built and less than 2 months old @$$hole that built and sold it to me won’t fix it right. i’m stuck trying to figure it out on my on or fork over another $100 over the already spent $1100 already spent on it. anyways the crazy thing is i never split patitions. os reloaded it with the factory disk that came with it and only had 132 gigs of space instead of 500. I used the drive manager to find the other 330 gigs that was unallocated and create seperate drive. Then i used the partition master to merge them. Problem stands it only shows 465 gigs from inside windows when i load the disc it still gives me the usual 132 gigs at windows screen. I’m fairly sure the disc has Sp1 though. I’m abou to break it i’m at my wit’s end. Still need help. Shoulda given all the details before. it has seagate baracuda 7200.11 500 Gbyte smart drive. Msi K9A2VM Mother board AMD Athelon x2 Dual Core 3.01 Mgz 64 Processor MSI NVIDIA N9600GT T2D512 - OC Edition VGA graphics card 4 Gigs of ram. Don’t really know if this will help didn’t think so but that’s the rundown in case.

Just in case it’s needed. when i reload i insert the disc, restart the pc, when it loads the first window (hit enter to continue, r to repair, or esc to escape) i hit Enter. Then at next window i hit F8 to agree. At third window it shows total disc space 131,000 plus megabytes. I’m looking into the slipstream anyway but like i said i’m fairly sure it has sp1.

Hey Coolcolors and bevills1 downloaded nlite followed instructions burned and launched the pc with disc. It showed me the full 475 gigs!!! Thanks Working good so far Solved my problems. Thanks again!!!

good to hear guess bevills1 beat me to the slipstreaming process…I was going that way as well…but glad it’s reading the proper size for you now.