Can't Choose Source

vbimport

When I first start the program, my “Source:” says “Scanning media, please wait…” forever. I have tried several DVD’s, and it behaves the same way.

Then when I choose iPod (or anything else), it says “please insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder/image file”. When I choose it, either by going to my DVD (D:) or to the video files at D:\Video_TS, it ignores my selection and continues stating, “Please insert…”

It just appears that the program just doesn’t work.

DVDFab Platinum 4.0.6.2 Trial, Vista, 2 MB RAM, Alienware M 5700

Any thoughts?

ive seen similar behavior when im not logged on as administrator.

I am an administrator. Other reasons? I am about to just uninstall it and sum it up to yet-another-non-functioning-product.

[QUOTE=scottelkin;1997672]I am an administrator. Other reasons? I am about to just uninstall it and sum it up to yet-another-non-functioning-product.[/QUOTE]

I run Vista and many other member also run Vista and do not have this issue, sounds to me like you are running Vista home version which means even though you are the Administrator/Owner your account is limited
Open Administrator Tools–>Local Security Policy–>Local Policies–> [B]Security Options[/B] check the status of the Administrator Account