Cant burn

Hey guys, I’m new here…obv. And I searched and counldn’t find anything like this so I’m posting. I use Nero 7 to burn…and for some reason, I cant burn a MP3 cd and IDK why…I’ve attached the log file for the burn…and IDK if the problem is Nero or my burner…any help would be appreciated. Thx :smiley:

First thing I can think of, is enabling DMA for your optical drives…

There’s a thread about enabling it here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

:slight_smile:

TY for the reply, but I checked, it is enabled. BTW, I forgot to mention, I have a Samsung CD-ROM SC-148C. It’s a standard CD-ROM drive, can burn CDs, but no DVDs. It came w/my comp, which is a Dell Dimension 8200. I run a XP Pro, just got a RAM upgrade, IDK if that’s the cause. Hope that helps. Also, I used Staples CD-Rs and Memorex CD-Rs for the burning, neither worked…and no Multisessions. And the setting is TOA.

Not according to your log.

The transfer mode maybe set to DMA if available but the log suggests that the Current Transfer Mode is not DMA but PIO.

Hehe, yeah that was where I noticed it. I didn’t think I missed it (for a change ;)).

@ENDER3000

BTW, for future reference, Memorex and possibly Staples aren’t the best brands to use - to avoid possible burn failures, Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden-made discs are considered to be very good!

:slight_smile:

here’s the udpate log…My Primary IDE was set to DMA…but my secondary wasnt, so I set it to DMA…that’s the only thing I could think of…BTW, my primary IDE is set to DMA, Ultra DMA Mode 5, and the secondary is set to Ultra DMA Mode 2

Log(update).txt (7.22 KB)

But according to your log the burner (Slave on the Secondary channel) still doesn’t have DMA enabled:-

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y200P0 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : WDC WD400BB-53CAA0 atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : _NEC NR-7900A atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: Off

Unless the log was before you “fixed” it.

yes, I noticed, and I went back to the DMA tutorial, and unistalled it, and now it works, TY all!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

EDIT: No it didnt. I just tried to burn, it got all the way to 100%, but got stuck in the lead-in and lead-out process. Here’s the log

Log(update!!.txt (8.01 KB)

You are trying to burn to the very limits of the CD capacity which is rarely a good idea. Try burning a little less & see if that works. Also try a better media like Verabtim Super AZO.

media? Do you mean software or the CDs?

He means the CD.