Can't burn working Sd2

vbimport

I can't burn Safedisc 2 with my liteon 24103S (flashed to 32123S)
I've tried different settings and firmware, but when I load up the game it asks for the cd :frowning:
Only working Safedisc copy I've burned is Civ 3 (dunno if it's sd2 even). Max Payne, Renegade, RS: Black Thorn and Ghost Recon won't work without "Hide CDR Media"
I'm using clonecd 4 and cd mate.
Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

my rig (if it helps)
amd xp 1800+
abit kr7a-raid
liteon 32123s (24103s) XS0U
pioneer dvd 106s
maxtor 60 gig

EDIT: oh, and I can't burn RAW-SAO, clonecd tells me it's not supported by my burner.

> won’t work without “Hide CDR Media”

why should they work without Hide CDR Media?

If you try to play them from a writer: “Hide CD-R media” must be enabled. Hide CD-R Media may also help you out if you run the backup from a picky drive (Pioneer and Toshiba drives to name some).

Hide CD-R Media may also help you out if you run the backup from a picky drive (Pioneer and Toshiba drives to name some).

How can it? It only prevents writers from saying “this is an cd-r(w) and not a pressed cd”. Did I miss something? Does that function do anything further?

Yes it does hide a lot of other commands as well, like the command to get the seek times from the drive along with other commands as well. It also blocks some parts of the subchannel reading.

And Olli will not tell us how much Hide CD-R media really is blocking.

so I can’t burn sd2 and play without “hide cdr media”? I thought liteon could do that. :confused:
Also, anyone know why I can’t burn in RAW-SAO?
Thanks!

With Lite-On’s you should be able to make working SD2 backups that should work in all CD/DVD-ROM’s

Hide CD-R media must be enabled for it to work in writers, becuse writers could identify that you are playing from a CD-R disc and reports this to the protection and then the game will not work. There is no way around this with any writer. CD-R media must be enabled when playing from CD-Writers.

SAO-RAW do not seem to work, I wouldn’t worry to much since RAW-DAO is working and is better.

Ahh… I see… :slight_smile: thanks alot!