Cant burn with CLONE?

vbimport

Please help this newbie!
Have been using Clone dvd/Any dvd for the laste couple of weeks and all is great, but today I try again and NO GO!
This is what comes up on the final green go button to burn,
Not enough space for tempory video files at c:/clone dvd temp/video_ts required 4.38 gb available 2.32 gb. Please delete some files or choose another partition to write the output files to??? this means ??? to me and dont know where to look, please help! :confused:

@ rapallo,

The notice that CloneDVD is displaying is rather simple to understand. Bottom line is that you have filled up your Hard Drive Disk and you need to delete some files.

The Hard Drive Disk (c:/clone dvd temp) where you are placing your CloneDVD files is full and you need to delete some files to have enough space on you Hard Drive Disk to write the CloneDVD temporary files. To do this you need to right click on “Start” located on the bottom left hand side on you Desk Top and then click on “Navigate”. A “Folder Tree” will appear on the left hand side of the screen and the look for “C:/Clone DVD Temp” folder and delete all the files that are there. Also you most likely need to do some Hard Disk Maintenance and also delete any unnecessary files on your Hard Drive Disk that you are no longer using.

Then you need to open CloneDVD and navigate to the Fourth Page of CloneDVD titled “Output Method” and look on the bottom right hand side of the page and check “Delete Temporary Video Files After Writing” box. This then automatically delete this files when you are finish coping your DVD.

When you are finished with that you need to Defragment you hard drive. To do this Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter. When you finish Defragmemting your Hard Drive Disk you will be able to start using CloneDVD again.

You might think about getting a larger Hard Drive Disk so that in the future you will not run into this problem again.

Best Regards,
bjkg

When you are finished with that you need to Defragment you hard drive. To do this Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter. When you finish Defragmemting your Hard Drive Disk you will be able to start using CloneDVD again.
Thanks for your help bjkg…
Have done that and thats now empty but not sure of lots of thew things I have stored on the hard drive? I am a bit green with these things sorry? Not sure if I really mess things up if I delete everything on there? What does defragmenting really do? Clone is working again without doing that yet.

@ rapallo,

Your really need to defragment your Hard Drive Disk. It makes your computer work properly and efficiently. Suggest navigating to Disk Defragmenter (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter) and view the Disk Defragmenter “Help” file located on the top right hand corner of the menu bar for a detail narrative explaining exactly what Disk Defragmenter is/does. Its better to do that than having me attempt to explain what Disk Defragmenter is/does here on this Forum.

Also you really need to “Clean Up” your Hard Disk Drive. Navigate to “Disk Cleanup”(Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk CleanUp). This will Cleanup and delete unnecessary files on Hard Disk Drive.

You need to do your Disk “CleanUp" first and then do your Hard Drive Disk “Defragmenter”.

On another topic – Suggest you visit your local bookstore and look though the computers books and get one titled “Windows For Dummies” or a similar title. There are various things you need to routinely do to keep your computer running correctly. If you don’t get some type of easy to understand book for your computer and do routine preventative maintenance I can assure you that one day you are going to turn on your computer and it aint going to work.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks bjkg. Ive now done the disk cleanup and the defragmenting, it was easy. You always come to the rescue and teach me many new things. Just hope I dont forget. How often would you think one should do all that?

@ rapallo,

A simple rule of thumb would be once a month.

Also suggest when you get a chance to stop by your local bookstore and look though the computers books and get one titled “Windows For Dummies” or a similar title.

Best Regards,
bjkg