CAN'T burn SLOWER than 12x

Hi, I’m using Nero Express 5.5.10 with an ATAPI CDRW 12/16/48x. I want to record at about 4x, but my software won’t let me choose anything slower than 12x - it’s simply NOT an option! I’m copying a (homemade) music cd and when I copy at 12x I get all kinds of audio errors on playback. Please, how do I SLOW this thing down??? I’m trying to make Xmas presents!! Thanks.

:confused: :eek: :frowning:

Welcome -sallycat10-

Whats the brand of your drive?

Have a read here, and next time pls use the searchbutton at top of page…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=499310#post499310

I have no idea what kind of drive it is, everything just says ATAPI CDRW 40/12/48X.

Thanks for the link. I did search all over, but didn’t find that particular post.

How do I find out who made the drive? The firmware is 100C, as reported by Nero Infotool…

:confused:

On a side note, I have the full version of Nero Burning ROM on my other computer, which WILL burn at 4x, but that program won’t work at all on this computer. Why??

:eek:

are u saying that u used to be able to burn slower than 12x with this drive, and now u can’t? if u run nero infotool with a blank cd in the drive, it’ll tell u the available burn speeds to that particular cd.

I just got the software installed for the first time. I had the wrong software installed first (the Burning Rom version of Nero) and it wouldn’t burn at all. Since I had another computer I could brun on, I didn’t worry about it. But now I need to burn so many cds that it will take literally days and days, so I put the right software on (Nero Express) and it won’t go below 12X. Thanks for your reply.

Strange…
I am using Nero 5.5.10.54 and I am able to burn at low 4X if I want. Nero Burning Rom, DAO.

Try to dl some other version (5.5.10.XX) (trial) from Nero website or from this ftp: ftp://ftp6.nero.com/

Yeah - well, here is what my computer says… Oh, and it’s version 5.5.10.54, which I downloaded yesterday…

the ability to burn at a certain speed is hardware-dependent, not software-dependent. using a different version of nero would have no effect.

could it be this drive?
http://www.cdfreaks.com/drive/firmware/549

Originally posted by AZImmortal
the ability to burn at a certain speed is hardware-dependent, not software-dependent. using a different version of nero would have no effect.

Yep…
The search for drive-maker and FW can begin…“gentlemen, start your engines”.

Could it be the media.

Some drives wont burn a 12x at 24x or vice versa

Originally posted by cloakdoa
Could it be the media…

Hmm… I dont think so.
Compare this pic with my previus posted. Same media!