Cant burn more than 700mb with mode 2?

they told me that I can burn 800mb with mode 2. I tried burning 720mb and it failed. :confused: :confused:

…what device, what media, was overburning turned on? I’ve misplaced my deer stalker :stuck_out_tongue:

What software did you use to create and burn your mode 2 data, and how did you use it? If you are using Nero, checking “Mode 2 /XA” on the ISO tab of Nero when burning an ISO data CD will not create either a plain mode 2 disc or a mode 2 XA form 2 disc that can contain ~800 MiBytes of user data. It creates a mode 2 XA form 1 disc, which can’t hold any more data than a regular mode 1 disc.

cfitz

Originally posted by cfitz
[B]What software did you use to create and burn your mode 2 data, and how did you use it? If you are using Nero, checking “Mode 2 /XA” on the ISO tab of Nero when burning an ISO data CD will not create either a plain mode 2 disc or a mode 2 XA form 2 disc that can contain ~800 MiBytes of user data. It creates a mode 2 XA form 1 disc, which can’t hold any more data than a regular mode 1 disc.

cfitz [/B]
hehe yeah I used nero :bigsmile:
how can I make a mode 2 form2 disc with 800mb data then?
yeah overburning was enabled in nero, 700mb 40x maxell discs with 48x24x48 liteon.
do I have to use another program?

If you are trying to store data files in mode 2 or mode 2 XA form 2, then you need something like mode2cdmaker:

http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/mode2cdmaker.html

But I wouldn’t recommend doing that. There are a lot of complications and potential problems unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing and are very careful doing it. It isn’t something that is normally done, and I wouldn’t recommend it for casual use. Stick with a mode 1 disc (or mode 2 XA form 1) and find some other way to reduce or split the data files you need to store.

I think others have already covered this with you. Go back through and read all the posts you have made and the replies you have received. You’ve been getting a lot of good advice from a lot of people here, but it might be a bit overwhelming in the extent of it, so some extra time spent re-reading and studying it might be useful.

In addition to re-reading the advice you have received here, you might also want to look at www.dvdrhelp.com if you haven’t already. I think your core goal is to fit a movie on one CD, and dvdrhelp has a lot of good information about authoring, etc.

cfitz