Can't burn images

vbimport

Hi guys,

firstly, apologies for the duplicate post. I originally posted this in the newby forum, but I think I might get more replies from in here.

====================================================
I’m in need of help, as the title suggests…

I’ve been using a bog standard burner for 12 months or so (LG GSA-4082B) which has served me well as a general backup device for data although it’s never made a working copy of any protected PC disks.

Having read various articles on these boards, I decided it was time to upgrade to something a little more useful. Yesterday I bought a Pioneer DVR-109. I’ve cross flashed it to firmware 1.40 and the Quietdrive utility recognises it and no options are greyed out.

The problem is I’m still making beer mats I’ve tried burning an Alcohol 120% (ver 1.9.5 bld 2722) CD image using the supplied instructions - “Use safedisk 2/3 profile with 4x write speed” The disk installs but the detection fails at startup. I’ve tried writing a Blindwite (5.2.10.142) DVD image using the supplied instrctions - “Burn with Auto Profile and slow speed”, same result - a good install but the disk isn’t recognised at startup.

I even used what I was told is decent media, rather than my usual £8 per 100 crap from a computer fair - I bought a couple of boxes each of Philips CD-R80’s, Philips DVD-R and Ritek DVD+R.

I’m getting hugely pi**ed off with the whole exercise - I’ve tried over a dozen times to make a working copy of the CD game image

Where the hell am I going wrong? I’ve even tried installing and running the DVD game from the pioneer drive, still no go.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? If I need different media, the name of a UK supplier would be really useful.

TIA,

Q.

depends on the game protection used on the original. i am yet to hear of ANY dvd burner being able to do successful game backups [oh, apart from the fibbers out there ]. get a quality cd burner

If games a dvd he has to use dvd writer, i ruined many dvd media trying to backup FarCry when i got it new, it had file in it that messes up on writing, if you buy cd verison all will burn perfect but for cd4.

Anyhow now that software will work, FarCry / Flat Out /Sims2 Sims2 Univer**** all got this protection, they burn 100% but wont install.

I will only help you if this is to back up your own bought games btw, for time being download latest clonecd (YES “CD” NOT ANY OTHER DVD ONES).

>>> Copy Protection Forum …