Can't burn image in 7.2.3.2b

I use Nero to burn images of audio CD’s because it’s the only program I know of which can accept audio plugins and therefore burn ape/flac/mpc etc. images directly without decoding them to wav first.
I used to do this with no problems up to version 7.0.2.3b. After I upgraded to 7.2.3.2b, I can’t use the “burn image” option anymore: when I choose the cue file, I get a screen titled “Burn Compilation” with no details whatsoever and instead of a “burn” button, it has “new” and “cancel” buttons at the bottom. I have checked and this screen appears even if I try burning a bin/cue image.
Does anyone else have this problem? How do I get it to work like in previous versions?

BTW
I can use other programs for burning bin/cue images, like good old Goldenhawk CDRWin, but It has to be a bin or a wav image and not other formats.

PS
How can I insert a screenshot of the dialog box I get to this post?

Did you read this thread?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=185085

I am using Nero 7232b with no problem anticipated so far.

@Saltgrass
Thx 4 the notice. My prob is the same as mentioned - not burning cue/bin, iso is O.K. Will they ever make a stable 7.x version?
I too am thinking of reverting to 6.6.
We’ll see how fast Ahead releases a “fix” for this bug. Let’s hope when they do, it doesn’t mess up with other functions.

Why not use Burrrn (www.burrrn.net). It’s free & would seem to do exactly what you want.

@TimC
Thx. I’ll try it.

@TimC
I’ve just made my first attempt at burning an audio cd with Burrrn and it went well. It seems I’m going to switch to this for my audio compilations. I still have to check for some issues such as gapless tracks and compliance with all lossless codecs I use (ape, flac, wavepack), but anyway thanks for the tip. As for data compilations, CDRWin is my choice for quality burning.
After careful examination, I have concluded that the problem lies within Nero’s cue reading functions, as it will not read cue files, whatever they index, and it WILL iso. I guess we’ll have to wait for Nero 7.2.3.2.8.2.6.13c and then hope it does not lose any other function, like copy cd’s :frowning: