Cant Burn High Quality With My SOHW 1213S DVD RW

vbimport

Ok I’m New At This, Since I Have Purchased This DVD Burner ( SOHW 1213S ) I Have Had Low Quality Burns ( 0-78 [ Random Quality Basically ] ) No Matter What I Do…

Ive Used New Firmware Hacks From “Code Guys” But It Doesn’t Improve The Quality Much.

I Tried Burning At Extremely Slow Speeds ( 1x, 2.4x, 4x ).

I Even Went To The Trouble Of Buying Different DVDs For My Burner.

Need Help!

Oh, I’m A Newb At This Firmware Stuff, So Try To Describe What You Are Talking About

Thanks In Advance

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

A lot of earlier 1213S drives had quality problems due to being calibrated with dirty laser lens’. Cleaning the lens improved the reading but not the writing as the calibration data, in the EEPROM, is wrong.

To prove this; the first thing you have to do is to crossflash the drive to 1633S firmware, probably BS0S. The second thing you have to do, is you have to dig deep in your pocket :wink: and buy some good quality media (Ricoh, Verbatim, Sony, Prodisc…). Don’t burn slower than 4x and faster than 12x.

Read the Liteon forum FAQ and the Recording Hardware forum FAQ and especially learn about the tools that allow you to scan your burned discs for errors. Let us know how you get on…