Cant burn Dvds Wasted alot of money on discs :(

hello there internet world.
i have a Lite-on 1633S dvd burner.
i dont really know much about hardware stuff sadly but i need help
whenever i try to burn a movie, or a backup, i get some strange error at 99% and either get one of these errors

1. Failed to finalise
    why cant i remember the second one… sorry!

but i tried to update the drivers, i burned a boot cd (so apparently cd burning works) but when i restart it just goes to
(A)bort (I)gnore®etry(F)ail - in Dos (is it even called that anymore)
but the strange thing is that i have been burning stuff all last week. and all of the sudden tonight it poops. any ideas anyone? keep in mind, im not that hardware savvy so please speak simple to me. (sorry and thank anyone who helps out!!!)

What brand media are you using? Can you also state the Manufacturer ID which can be found using DVD Identifier.

</cite>It is a quite old drive, and may be on its way out.

i did change media to use up some old discs i had laying around… maybe ill go out and by a different kind tonight,
it does seem sad that it just stops working randomly. i was just using it 2 days ago.

[QUOTE=drexil123;2217329]i did change media to use up some old discs i had laying around… maybe ill go out and by a different kind tonight,
it does seem sad that it just stops working randomly. i was just using it 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Happens some times…