Cant burn DVD9 iso to DVD5

i hope im not messing up the dvd9/dvd5 meaning, but what i want to do is to burn a 7gb iso to a 4.7gb standard dvd media. in clonedvd i used the bottom option, that is burning an iso image but it tells me to use one of the first two options instead, cuz the iso is too large for the burning device which cant burn it. so i tried the first two options but then it tells me that it cant burn the image and it wants me to supply the video_ts dirs with vob files, which i obviously dont have, having only the iso… what do i do? thx

“Write existing data” doesn’t compress.
Mount the .iso file in Virtual CloneDrive. Then use CloneDVD on the virtual drive.

Of course you cannot burn DVD9 to DVD5, its too big! CloneDVD cannot do anything with an ISO as it needs to see the vob & ifo files. Like Tru said, you can mount it with a virtual drive and then point CloneDVD to the mounted drive. It will then transcode it to fit on a DVD5 and burn it for you.

ah cool, thx. will do :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tmoris;1606207]i hope im not messing up the dvd9/dvd5 meaning, but what i want to do is to burn a 7gb iso to a 4.7gb standard dvd media. in clonedvd i used the bottom option, that is burning an iso image but it tells me to use one of the first two options instead, cuz the iso is too large for the burning device which cant burn it. so i tried the first two options but then it tells me that it cant burn the image and it wants me to supply the video_ts dirs with vob files, which i obviously dont have, having only the iso… what do i do? thx[/QUOTE]

Hi, I have the same problem. I used image burn to create image from DVD. (it came up with 2, sometimes upto 5 iso files) I mounted one of the iso file on virtual clonedrive but I kept getting the error opening file and bombs out. I was told it’s because it’s in more than 1 iso files, is that right? If so how can I fix it? I no longer have the original dvd in my possession.

please help :sad:

[QUOTE=iknowjack;2238510]Hi, I have the same problem. I used image burn to create image from DVD. (it came up with 2, sometimes upto 5 iso files) I mounted one of the iso file on virtual clonedrive but I kept getting the error opening file and bombs out. I was told it’s because it’s in more than 1 iso files, is that right? If so how can I fix it? I no longer have the original dvd in my possession.

please help :sad:[/QUOTE]

Without that are help and hands are tied…