Can't burn DVD-R with LG GSA-H11N

vbimport

Hi, I can’t burn DVD-R using ImgBurn. When I try, ImgBurn hangs at “Logical Unit is in process of becoming ready”. Nero Burning ROM gives a similar problem. However I can burn DVD+R with both programs just fine.

I would really like to be able to burn DVD-R’s can someone help me?

Medium : Verbatim DVD-R, 4.7GB, 16x, 120min
DVD Burner : HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H11N
__Firmware : JH02
__Specs : http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GSA-H11N
ImgBurn : 2.3.2.0.
Nero Brn. ROM : 7.0.0.0

Upgraded the firmware to JG03, unfortunately this didn’t make a difference. I also looked into changing the booktype, so I can burn a DVD+R as DVD-R. But according to DvdInfoPro bitsetting is not supported on this drive.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Hi,[QUOTE=C987;2461568]I can’t burn DVD-R using ImgBurn. When I try, ImgBurn hangs at “Logical Unit is in process of becoming ready”.[/quote]Seems as if your drive can’t detect the discs properly for whatever reason :confused:

However I can burn DVD+R with both programs just fine.

[B]I would really like to be able to burn DVD-R’s can someone help me?[/B]
I’d stick with DVD+R then.

Pack 3
ImgBurn : 2.3.2.0.
Nero Brn. ROM : 7.0.0.0
Your software is ancient. I doubt, this will help, but you should consider updating both softwares. For Nero, get latest 7.x version (it’s a free update).

[QUOTE=C987;2461758]Upgraded the firmware to JG03, unfortunately this didn’t make a difference. I also looked into changing the booktype, so I can burn a DVD+R as DVD-R.[/quote]Booktyping to DVD-R is not defined, but your drive should be able to set the booktype to DVD-ROM, if I remember correctly. [B]EDIT:[/B]Booktyping is often disabled in OEM firmwares.

I suspect, there is something wrong with the drive. Have you ever been able to burn DVD-R?

I just saw, this drive is an OEM drive “made” for big name companies like Dell, HP etc. It might be crippled in some way. (No DVD-RAM support, no bitsetting,…)

–> http://club.myce.com/f91/gsa-h11n-jg03-gsa-h10n-202684/
Seems as if this is the same drive hardware as H10N or H12N.

But before you try this, I’d recommend to

[ul]
[li]clean the lens (do not use a cleaning disc!)[/li][li]replace the IDE cable (should be 80wire flat ribbon)[/li][li]try the drive in another computer[/li][/ul]

Michael

Thanks for your help. I updated with firmware JL11 for the H10N and it works great. Now it’s possible to select booktype to “dvd-rom”, thanks again.

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:
I did not expect that crossflashing the drive would help…

Michael