Can't burn DVD+R on my SOHW 812S

I am not to sure if this is what you meant but here itr is. If this is not what you meant let me know what you want and I can do it in the morning.
This DVD seemed to burn fine but it has been on and off since I installed the drive.

Disc Type DVD+R
Book Type DVD+R
Manufacturer CMC Magnetics Corporation
Media ID CMC MAGF01
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 8.0x
Maximum Write Speed 4.0x
Current Write Speed 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 2.4x CLV

Above goes with the rest.png.

Below goes with First.png. this was the first DVD that I buirnt in this drive. It burnt fine. It has been on and of since then.

Disc Type DVD-R
Book Type DVD-R
Manufacturer RiTEK Corporation
Media ID RITEKG04
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.36 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Maximum Read Speed 8.0x
Maximum Write Speed 4.0x
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 2.0x CLV

from the scans i’d pick the ritek G04’s lol. also those little spikes are nothing to worry about…most likely a reading glitch ir a speck of dust on disk…if you right click in the windows and select delete highest values then that should remove the spikes so the rest of the scan is readable. also you need to scan at 4X not max
if its + disks you want to burn then use codekings quality patched firmware. this is for better + burns…if ya have any of those ritek disks left then i’d leave alone…if ya remove those spikes i’d say ya have a pretty good burn on a ritek G04

One more time. this was a successful burn using the c0deguys firmware but then I made 2 coasters after that.

So you know though, this was made in between the other two burns. I burned the first one with the drive out of the box. This one was after the c0deguys firmware update and the last one was done using the bog standard liteon “Q” update.

Thanks for the help so far guys.
Today I put Zuess 9.X on here as a duel boot…lets hope thats a little easier.

Disc Type DVD+R
Book Type DVD+R
Manufacturer CMC Magnetics Corporation
Media ID CMC MAGF01
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Maximum Read Speed 8.0x
Maximum Write Speed 4.0x
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 2.4x CLV

Still no change. It seems to be if I restart my computer it burns one fine but then it’s down hill from there. I burned to a +RW last night and it went through no problem. I should have scanned it but it was getting late. Any one need me to, just let me know.

Any thoughts any one please.
I don’t want to seem impatient all though I probably do.
Just want to play with my new toy…

Could you do make a ‘photo’ of running processes / services in the background when using your Windows ? i.e.: antivirus, Win services, Msn messenger, etc, etc

I hope the only question would help… :slight_smile:

The only thing that has been installed that has a running process (other than the standard windows 2000 pro services) as far as I know is AVG anti virus. This is a brand new computer and I haven’t as of yet had time to put much on it in the way of software. Definatly no messenger software. >:-P

Well, you should already know that turning off such processes (like AVG) is advisable when burning DVD’s.

Current antivirus software normally run SEVERAL processes in background, not only the one you can directly see in your right corner task bar :slight_smile:

For example: AVG firewall, AVG agent, real-time scanner, etc. And check other non-AVG processes with Ctrl+Alt-Del (Win2k)

I’d definitively do a test turning all them OFF (don’t be afraid to kill/terminate such processes as a fast attempt) before trying a DVD burning. Just to discard.

Can you imagine the antivirus software is checking each time you burn a DVD all the files going to disk in real time ? Omygod, it is like driving a car with hand-brake slightly up, but you could not notice that if driving a powerful engine. :slight_smile:

Hope this comparison helps,

I understand what you mean but why is it then that on my wifes computer with a Optorite DD0201 4X DVD burner, 1.4 processor and 512 meg of ram we have never in over 50 burnes endedup with a coaster. she has AV software running, ICQ, Outlook open, Microsoft instant messenger and other such assorted things. She is running the same op system and has probably not defraged for months. Oh and I checked with ASPIchk and acording to that, my wifes computer doesn’t have an aspi layer installed.

Don’t know about you but I am begining to get confused.

<tt><tt>I had similar problems and was able to remove some software and
revert to a restore point to regain the ability to burn to CD and
DVD drives.

I noticed from your post that you have some drivers installed by
some “free” software supplied by DVD drive manufacturers with their product.

I had the same problem and sent an inquired to Nero customer support.
Their reply is below (if you send the information to them,
there may be more software issues–[B]it takes them about 8 days to reply)[/B]:

1. There are the following drivers installed on your system which may
    cause compatibility issues:

Driver : Pfc
Description : Padus® ASPI Shell
Version : 2, 5, 0, 204
Company : Padus, Inc.

Driver : PxHelp20
Description : Px Engine Device Driver for Windows
2000/XP
Version : 3.00.41a
Company : Sonic Solutions

Please contact the manufacturers of these programs and ask them how to
uninstall these drivers.

1. Please update to the current Nero 7 Version.
    You can download the latest Nero 7 Version from our website:

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact
us again.</tt></tt></pre>