Cant burn audio to hard drive

ihave the TDK 321040. it came with the nero stuf V. 4.7. in the instructions you can transfer audio to hardrive, but when i go to the program there is suppose to be an FILE thing in the SOURCE window. the SOURCE window is empty. my firmware version is X7S2. as yall can tell i am computer illerate, but any help is appreciated(before i call TDK) thanks.

i just want to take tracks off my recorded(store bought) CDs and put them on my harddrive to mix/match when i burn.

Originally posted by nogojo31

i just want to take tracks off my recorded(store bought) CDs and put them on my harddrive to mix/match when i burn.
Nero is a burning software, not ripping.

In order to be able extract music tracks from your CDs to the HDD you need to use e.g. EAC

Other CD Rippers

Hi nogojo31,

you can do that using the Recorder->Save Track menu item… There is also an official tutorial about audio extraction with nero here

However, I strongly suggest you to follow Boskin’s advice and use EAC or some other ‘specialized’ ripper in his list…

Good luck,

ET

Originally posted by nogojo31

EAC…as boskin and others have said…pick your format…:slight_smile:

thanks for the help. the software that came with the TDK has a provision to rip audio, but when i run it, it doesnt have the buttons on the screen like it shows in the instructions(if you havent guessed it, i dont know a whole lot about computers…) as to what format, i’m guessing you mean MP3s and such. i want whatever will play in a CD player. i have a MP3 player but it plays regular also, the songs i had downloaded played on it and on my stock truck player, so that format is the one i want for now until i learn more about the others.

if it means anything i have an IBM pent3 with windows 98.