Can't burn at 1x

vbimport

Hi! I have used most burn software and different dvd-r media to burn isos on my NEC 2500. But I can’t burn at 1x speed. I don’t even get that option in Nero for example. I choose 1x in DVD Decrypter, but it still burns at 2x. What is wrong?

Many modern drives don’t support 1x DVD writing. Why do you want to write at 1x?

About the only scenario I can see for wanting to write at 1x is if you have some old 1x only media - which the ND-2500A will, I believe, attempt to write at 2x. DVD media seems often to perform worse when it’s written at slower than its rated speed.

David

writing strategies seem to have matured and engineers think that even with the crappiest of discs, at least 2x is still fine. Don’t worry about it.
If ur trying to burn slower because that disc doesn’t read properly in a drive, it means u need to throw it away and get something better:iagree:

My problem is that I want to burn them for use in a PS2. THe dvd in them seems to be very picky about the speed on the burn. On the PS2 forums the recommendation is to burn at 1 x…

Do most other dvd players support burning at regular speeds? Maybe I should go with that instead of trying to make the PS2 dvd work…

It sounds like time for some different media - maybe someone with similar hardware has some recommendations for you.

David

But I have used relevant media, like Traxdata, that actually comes recommended on those sites. Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

I have a V9 PS2 and my friend has a v7 and even when I hit my datasafe ricohjpnr01s at 8x, neither of the ps2s even bat an eyelid. In all my hours of watching movies on my ps2, I’ve only ever seen 2 glitches (2 separate instances) and they were down to not so wonderful media. But still, averaging PIs of 1000+ in kprobe and I only had ONE glitch. not even freeze, but a skip, so the ps2 is really good with half decent media. I don’t even hear my laser moving around as much as when I watch an original dvd. datasafe, arita and verbatim are highly recommended for any burner.

PS - reminds me of when I used to hear not to burn audio faster than 8x, and not to burn ps1 discs faster than about 4x because that’d increase loading times. good discs are the answer.

So what happens when you put the disc burnt at 2X in your PS2?
Is this disc recognized?
Does it skip or freeze at all during movie play?
If not, you don’t have a problem!

If the PS2 won’t even recognize the disc, you may want to try using DVD+Rs bitset to DVD-ROM :cool:
But then you would have to load a patched firmware.

Download ImgBurn, it’s free and does let you burn at x1

Burning and a very slow speed is useful when wanting to watch high quality movies or playing back up games for instance where you need the data to be written perfectly onto the disc.

Hope that helped (google’d this problem and couldn’t find an answer so thought i’d sign up and answer it myself, forums really should allow guest replies).

[QUOTE=Jabzzz;2414613]Hope that helped (google’d this problem and couldn’t find an answer so thought i’d sign up and answer it myself, forums really should allow guest replies).[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the reply [B]Jabzzz[/B]! Feel free to look around the forums, we have loads of related topics which you might find interesting :flower:

[QUOTE=Jabzzz;2414613]Download ImgBurn, it’s free and does let you burn at x1[/QUOTE]ImgBurn lets you select 1x burning speed; whether the burn is actually performed at that speed or the nearest higher supported speed is up to the drive.

Burning and a very slow speed is useful when wanting to watch high quality movies or playing back up games for instance where you need the data to be written perfectly onto the disc.
This hasn’t been the case for several years. Modern drives and media produce best results at medium burning speeds, not at the lowest nor the highest burning speeds.

Most modern desktop DVD burners won’t even burn DVD+R or DVD-R slower than 4x, and 4x often produces a burn that is inferior to e.g. a 6x, 8x, or 12x burn (depending on drive and media).

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jabzzz;2414613]Download ImgBurn, it’s free [B]and does let you burn at x1
[/B]

Hope that helped (google’d this problem and couldn’t find an answer so thought i’d sign up and answer it myself, forums really should allow guest replies).[/QUOTE]

LOL, old myths and disinformation.