Can't burn a CD - drive not recognising blank discs

vbimport

hey guys

i have an old xp that refuses to record cd’s for me when i turn it on it says i have files ready to be written to a cd but the wizard just says , there is no disk in the drive .
I think i’v tryed everything including different blank cd, changing the volume in the register, nothing works my control panel doesn’t show any recording software, i have the wmp and 2 drives d and e both have the record tabs and the device manager says they are working fine. they will rip music and play music ok. there must be some dam little button are tab or something i need to push only if i knew where…thanks for some help if you please. ----clovis

[QUOTE=clovisray20;2156470]Hello, you all.
hey guys i have an old xp that refuses to record cd’s for me when i turn it on it says i have files ready to be written to a cd but the wizard just says , there is no disk in the drive .
I think i’v tryed everything including different blank cd, changing the volume in the register, nothing works my control panel doesn’t show any recording software, i have the wmp and 2 drives d and e both have the record tabs and the device manager says they are working fine. they will rip music and play music ok. there must be some dam little button are tab or something i need to push only if i knew where…thanks for some help if you please. ----clovis[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if I can be of help but I will try, I used to have the same problem, so what I would do is drag drop files into the disk, I would click on My computer, left click drive E://, choose open or explore hope it opens for you and drag the files there sometimes it helped, but thanks to a friend my drivers were updated, and now it reads my disks right. I went and bought Dvd-r because the stupid dvd+r didn’t read it, I said ok it must be Microsoft and me being me I kept messing around with stuff and it reads it (also it may help removing those files from the window that pops up telling you to down load them and start fresh; reboot also) Good Luck! What programs do you use to burn your dvd’s and cd’s? I use InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2.

Hi. I don’t know if my input will be relevant or not, but my Thinkpad has had the same problem with CDRW’s since I got it. I’ve done everything suggested on this site, and everything suggested at the Lenovo site, but the drive just won’t recognise CDRW’s. The only way I’ve been able to get around this is by using an external burner (Liteon EZ-Dub). Regardless of the type of blank CD, if nothing seems to be working for you, perhaps an external burner would solve the problem.

Good luck to you.

Will the drive read pressed or previously burned CD’s? Can you burn with another burning application?

IMGBurn is an excellent burning app and it’s free.