Cant bring myself to do it

vbimport

I have one unopened 50 spindle left of verbatim x8 mcc02rg20 mit (cmc) and i can’t bring myself to open it. Anyone else got any media they cant bring there self to open/use ?

LOL, every time I purchase a bargain spindle of quality discs like Verbatim or TY, I feel exactly that way :slight_smile:

Yep. I have a shelf on my bookcase, with spindles and packs of media I know I can’t get again, and will not open.

Includes stuff like Maxell MAXELL003, Maxell TYG01/YUDEN000 T01, Sony YUDEN000 T02, Sony TYG01.

I have few discs of Sony T02 that I don’t dare to burn because the are the last ones I have :frowning:

Thank God I have plenty of Panasonic TYG03 that burn even better and at higher speeds (16x-18x) :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have 8 packs of verb pastel x8 TYG02 dvd-r’s and 5 TDK +R T02 disc that i don’t want to burn, or at least not use them until i have something really important to burn. These discs we don’t want to use are the types of discs that we should really only use on very very important things.

[quote=Jedi Master Yoda;2003391]I also have 8 packs of verb pastel x8 TYG02 dvd-r’s and 5 TDK +R T02 disc that i don’t want to burn, or at least not use them until i have something really important to burn. These discs we don’t want to use are the types of discs that we should really only use on very very important things.[/quote] I got two 5-packs Verbatim Pastel 8x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T02) that I can’t seem to bring myself to open, so I’ll probably use my unbranded and Fuji branded discs before opening those Pastels.

Right now, I’m only burning my 16x MIT Verbatims, because I know I can get plenty at any time. All of my historical media, which is no longer in production – including Sony TYG03 and YUDEN000 T02, Imation OPTODISC R16, HP AE1 and E01, TDK E01, and Verbatim MCC 003 – is left completely alone. I’m also not too keen on burning any of my Fuji TY CD-Rs, since the HP CMC and Maxell Ritek ones I have are good enough for most uses.

Haha, so I’m not the only one who grades his media! Every now and then I’ll dip into the “high grade” stash for important data, but not very often. I should really start burning the better stuff before Blu-Ray takes over. :rolleyes:

TROPIC’S STASH of REALLY NICE STUFF
PVC001002
RICOHJPNR01
MXL-RG03 BQ
MAXELL-002 short serial

NOT AS NICE, BUT STILL OFF-LIMITS
MCC-002 MIS
MCC-003 MIS
MCC-004 MIT by CMC (vintage stash)
SONYD21 MIJ
MAXELL-002

EVERYDAY GOOD STUFF
MCC-004
YUDEN000-T02-000
TY 48x CD-Rs

EVERYDAY OKAY STUFF
DAXON AZ2 MIT
DAXON AZ3 MIT & MIM
RICOHJPNR03 (Memorex)
SONYD21 MIT
Ritek & Daxon CD-Rs

TERRORIST MEDIA
Anything sold by TDK :slight_smile:

I burn everything I have. Why would I keep it?

Lol, it’s good to maybe keep a few discs of rare media in jewel cases but whole 50 packs? Is there a point to that? :stuck_out_tongue:

However I have to admit… I have 150 A-grade CMC E01 and 100 T02 that I haven’t bothered opening up. I will delve into them eventually though.

If there’s something important, like backing up my favorite TV boxsets onto disc, then I use the good stuff.

Nice topic btw!

I still have some MIJ TDK CD-Rs as well as MIJ Verbatim 2x DVD-R, 2 Greentune DVD-Rs and 2 Greentune CD-Rs which I cant bring myself to open.

I have ten That’s 8x DVD-R for master, a 5-pack Verbatim Pastel MIJ 4x DVD+R, and some jewel cased 8x MIS Verbatim stuff that I will not burn… not to forget the four 16x TDK CD-R.
Also, I have lots of 4x and 8x media (RICOHJPN R01, That’s YUDEN000 T01, MCC 003, TYG02 etc.) that I use rather economically.

My everyday media is mostly MCC 004, MCC 03RG20 and CMC or Ritek CD-R.

I have a ton of Apple MXLRG03, and MAXELL001 I can’t see using up. My 10 pieces of MAXELL003 and 5 of MAXELL002 High Grade will probably be there for years to come, along with my MIS MCC02RG20 and MCC01RG20.

Gee, where do I start?

CD-Rs
That’s 24X, 32X
Sony 32X Color Mix TY
TDK MIJ
TDK TY MIJ
Pioneer MIJ
Kodak Gold Ultima
Kodak Ultima Inkjet Printable
Mitsui Gold
Mitsubishi Super Azo & Verbatim 16X

1X-2X & 2.4X:
TDKG020000 (Armor Plated), PVC001001, TAIYOYUDEN, RICOHJPNR00, MCC 00RG20 (MIJ)

4X:
TTG01 (Armor Plated), PVC001002, TYG01, MCC 01RG20 (MIS), RICOHJPNR01, SONY4D1 (Made in Austria)

8X:
TYG02, YUDEN000 T02, MCC 02RG20 (MIS), MCC 003 (MIS), RICOHJPNR02 (Ricoh GOLD Printable), CMC MAG E01, CMC MAG AE1

16X:
TYG03, YUDEN000 T03, MCC 03RG20 (MIT old stock), MCC 004 (MIT old stock), RICOHJPNR03 (Ricoh GOLD)

I’m sure there’s heaps I haven’t mentioned in my collection…

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Have you tried

Ridisc AAA
DataSafe Cd Or Dvd

The above is all i buy and and have very little trouble.I get all my midia from below.:clap:

www.ukdvdr.co.uk

[quote=terminalvelocd;2004035]Gee, where do I start?

[…] [/quote] Wow, if you can’t bring yourself to use any of that media, I wonder what media you do use? :confused:

Some of you still have pioneer pvc media, i have read good things about that media but i have never used it before.

Raym42, this media we don’t have trouble with, we just cant bare to use it as there very good discs that you can’t get no more unless you really hunt for it in small shops or places like ebay.

[QUOTE=tropic;2003859]Haha, so I’m not the only one who grades his media! Every now and then I’ll dip into the “high grade” stash for important data, but not very often. I should really start burning the better stuff before Blu-Ray takes over. :rolleyes:

TROPIC’S STASH of REALLY NICE STUFF
PVC001002
RICOHJPNR01
MXL-RG03 BQ
MAXELL-002 short serial

NOT AS NICE, BUT STILL OFF-LIMITS
MCC-002 MIS
MCC-003 MIS
MCC-004 MIT by CMC (vintage stash)
SONYD21 MIJ
MAXELL-002

EVERYDAY GOOD STUFF
MCC-004
YUDEN000-T02-000
TY 48x CD-Rs

EVERYDAY OKAY STUFF
DAXON AZ2 MIT
DAXON AZ3 MIT & MIM
RICOHJPNR03 (Memorex)
SONYD21 MIT
Ritek & Daxon CD-Rs

TERRORIST MEDIA
Anything sold by TDK :)[/QUOTE]

LOL! :bigsmile:

I have to admit I like TDK CMC MAG. AM3 for everyday use though…provided it’s the stuff where you can actually identify what’s on the disc (i.e., not the nasty royal blue coloured ones) prepares to be lynched :wink:

@Raym42 - I might use that stuff for giveaways to people I’m not keen on, hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=tropic;2003859]
TERRORIST MEDIA
Anything sold by TDK :)[/QUOTE]

110% Agree :iagree:
and TDK MID :iagree:

That’s too bad, because I used to look for the TDK label back in cassette days. :frowning: