Can't Backup Nancy Drew

vbimport

Just bought and installed latest version of DVDfab Platinum 5.0.3.0 on Vista Home Premium. I have used the free version for a month with no problems, so I know that my hardware and OS are working fine.

Anyway, trying to backup Nancy Drew, DVDfab tries to open the disc over an over, finally ending in either a DVDfab crash or a complete system reboot!

Hi skier2008 and welcome to cdfreaks,

Did this one awhile back…nothing special re: copy protection.
This most likely, is a PathPlayer issue.

Please disable PP. If you already have it disabled, enable it.
Do not use the default setting: Enable PP when necessary.
This setting stinks and IMO should be outlawed.

Anyway, the PP setting should do it for you.

Hope this helps, let us know…

My PP was set for “Enable when neccessary”. I disabled it and the Nancy Drew DVD opened on the first try. But, it still crashed DVDfab when the copy was about 7% complete (analyze finished OK).

I also tried it with PP set for “alway enable” and it would not open the disk.

[QUOTE=skier2008;2084181]My PP was set for “Enable when neccessary”. I disabled it and the Nancy Drew DVD opened on the first try. But, it still crashed DVDfab when the copy was about 7% complete (analyze finished OK).

I also tried it with PP set for “alway enable” and it would not open the disk.[/QUOTE]
I suspect you may have a bad press. Any chance you could exchange it?
I took a look around and there’s not much on this flick, which leads me to believe most users did not experience any problems.
I had no problem creating a bkup.

Here’s one thread:
Nancy Drew

and a post from another thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2019516-post11.html

There’s also a newer version of DvdFab out, check out this Forum, it doesn’t hurt to keep updated.

[quote=skier2008;2083989]Just bought and installed latest version of DVDfab Platinum 5.0.3.0 on Vista Home Premium. I have used the free version for a month with no problems, so I know that my hardware and OS are working fine.

Anyway, trying to backup Nancy Drew, DVDfab tries to open the disc over an over, finally ending in either a DVDfab crash or a complete system reboot![/quote]
dvdfab v4 was able to back this movie up so dvdfab v5 should be able to do it to. Like maineman said it probably a bad disc exchange for another if you can. Download the latest beta the link for it is at the top of this forum that might help some. also what you tring to do full disc main movie clone or a mobile option. What is the region of disc also

skier2008,

i agree with the others. dvdfab should have no trouble.

if you want an older version to test let us know.

troy

Some more tests - since I was trying to archive the entire DVD, I just tried to copy the main movie - crashed at 12.66% complete. Next, I tried mobile for PSP - crashed at 11.73%.

I will download and try the current beta version next.

OK, tried the current beta - same results. Also tried using the custom setting - same results. I guess I’m going to have to give up on this DVD. Thanks for the help!