Can't backup Flushed Away

Flushed Away region 2.

dvdfab v4 latest full release with pathfinder enabled crashes once it looks at the disc " this program has encountered a problem & needs to close"

dvdfab3.1.2.0 gets further - it displays the title serts but has N/A in the DVD5 DVD9 quality box. I select main movie & start rip & it immediately fails with task 1 failed error 400(0).

disc countain an autorun .exe but I restarted PC & blocked that by holding down shift. Fab is still working with other dvds so I don’t think anything dodgy has been installed.

DVdshrink seems to be coping with it OK though

You might try with Path Player set as enable when needed, remember that after you check it you will have to close Fab and then restart it for the change to take effect, Hope this will work for you

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1943005]You might try with Path Player set as enable when needed, remember that after you check it you will have to close Fab and then restart it for the change to take effect, Hope this will work for you[/QUOTE]
Well, dvdshrink backed it up ok after fab platinum v3.1.2.0 and fab platinum v4.0.1.0 both failed. so I don’t plan to do any more testing. NB v3 does not have path player but was beaten anyway. One thing that I did try, once shrink had backed up the whole disc , was to then run main movie mode in FAb, using shrink’s output folder on the HD as my source folder. This time V4 read the folder normally & extracted the main movie OK, but v3 failed & gave the same task 1 failed error code 400(0) as beofre.

Dvdfab is great for overcoming state-of-the-art anti copy tricks, but sometimes is beaten by older, simpler protections like putting invalid info somewhere in the IFOs. ( I’m guessing that’s the case because fab was unable to compute storage requirements & hence unable to compute compression %s )

this is not the 1st time for me that shrink has coped with a disc that Fab can’t handle. As long as one or the other works it’s no big deal.

[QUOTE=cybmole;1943025]…fab platinum v3.1.2.0 and fab platinum v4.0.1.0 both failed. so I don’t plan to do any more testing. NB v3 does not have path player but was beaten anyway… this is not the 1st time for me that shrink has coped with a disc that Fab can’t handle. As long as one or the other works it’s no big deal.[/QUOTE]

NB v 3210 does have pathplayer it was started with 3200.

September 25th, 2007
DVDFab Platinum 3.2.0.0 Updated!

* New: Brand new "PathPlayer" technology to remove latest DVD copy protection. 

i know you dont want to do any more testing. did you try 4010 with pathplayer set to “always enable”? just wondering.

thanks, troy

:doh: sorry :confused: :bow:

i see now this

dvdfab v4 latest full release with pathfinder enabled crashes once it looks at the disc " this program has encountered a problem & needs to close"

just wierd i thought i did this back with 3080

troy

Hi cybmole,

Have you tried DVDFab 4.0.1.6 Beta?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-6-beta-233060/

If the problem still exists, please send us the IFO files:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/how-send-us-ifo-files-228008/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao