Can't backup a DVD (region code?)

I am having trouble backing up a DVD. I have used HD DVD Decrypter many times so I know i’m not doing something wrong. Whenever I load the DVD Decrypter software while this DVD is in, it just shows the OPEN DVD SOURCE progress bar and it just keeps scrolling without stopping.

Also, the DVD has trouble playing on my computers. On one of them it said the DVD Region was wrong, so I assume that is the source of the problem. The DVD plays fine in my ps3, though, I’d assume because the ps3 can handle different region codes or something.

what’s the solution for this so I can backup the dvd?

can anyone help?

I tried disabling the PathPlayer in the settings and it “appears” that it might be working. Taking twice as long to do the backup, we’ll see if it works when it finishes

Ok What DVDfab are you using: DVDfab gold, DVDfab Platinum or DVDfab hd decryptor? Post the one you are using and some of us here will be able to help you better.

[QUOTE=GJ;2197615]Ok What DVDfab are you using: DVDfab gold, DVDfab Platinum or DVDfab hd decryptor? Post the one you are using and some of us here will be able to help you better.[/QUOTE]

It’s the free HD decrypter software 4.0.6.2.

Amazingly it is still in processing of backing up the dvd. It was going slow for a while, but ever since it got to 78% [the last dvd section] its been going painfully slow. I’ll leave my computer on as long as I need to so I don’t really care how long it takes, as long as it finishes.

I did check the vob files it created, and it actually successfully got the first 3 of 4 sections of the dvd perfectly fine.

We’ll see if it get’s this last one, whether I have to leave the computer on for a week or not

Ok lets try a couple settings, go into common settings general and go to the bottom and click reset DMA. Then after that go into pathplayer settings and choose always enable pathplayer. elshizzo you never want to use the default setting (enable when necesassary) as this or a dirty scratched DVD causes this problem you seem to be having right now. And if always enable does not work then choose the disabled option but never use the default as it sucks.

[QUOTE=elshizzo;2197629][B]It’s the free HD Decrypter software 4.0.6.2[/B]

We’ll see if it get’s this last one, whether I have to leave the computer on for a week or not[/QUOTE]

It shouldn’t take any more than 20-30 minutes to back up any given DVD title.

You might find it works faster if you update to the current version. It’s taking so long now because the older version is struggling with the copy protection. No comment as to whether this struggle will be successful or not.

O’C

:slight_smile: